Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clarky
    • Feb 2007

User info in post?

Hey, I was wondering. In a users post, I have it so their info is displayed on the left side of the post. I am wondering how I can make more of the users entered fields display in their info the left of their post?
    Currently Shows :
    I want to enable it to show their custom fields like, Real Name etc..

Thanks.
  • TylerK10
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.8.x

To make the member info display to the left of posts, go into your Admin CP:

vBulletin Options > Style & Language Settings > Use Legacy (Vertical) Postbit Template

To make some of the custom profiles display in posts, you will need to edit a template. In your Admin CP:

Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Edit Templates (in for the style you are using) > Postbit Templates > postbit_legacy

Get the ID of the profile field, located in the custom profile fields section of the Admin CP.

Add this:
    Code:
    <if condition="$post['field[COLOR=Red]X[/COLOR]']"><div>[COLOR=Red]Name Here[/COLOR]: $post[field[COLOR=Red]X[/COLOR]]</div></if>
    Replace to two red X's with the profile field ID. Replace the "Name Here" with the name of the profile field (or whatever you would like). So, for a gender field, you may add something like this:
    Code:
    <if condition="$post['field5']"><div>Gender: $post[field5]</div></if>
    after:
    Code:
    $vbphrase[posts]: $post[posts]
    Last edited by TylerK10; Sat 1 Dec '07, 8:38am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...