X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tikibird
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.8.x

Error message while editing styles

I was trying to slightly change the background colour on a style that I created and keep getting this error message. I get the same message no matter if it is a style I created or one I uploaded from VB.org. It won't let me center the header or change fonts either. It's a BIG long error message and I only copied the first paragraph and changed my board name for my privacy. I am able to create new styles by uploading xml files from VB.org but I can't edit anything new either. How can I fix this?

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /admincp/css.php on line 103

Rebuild Style Information
    Updating Style Information for '' and child styles...
      Fatal error: Invalid styleid specified in /includes/adminfunctions_template.php on line 327
      #0 vb_error_handler(256, Invalid styleid specified, /home/nameofboard/public_html/forum/includes/adminfunctions_template.php, 327, Array ([styleid] => 0,[doreturn] => 1,[parentids] => ,[vbulletin] => vB_Registry Object ([datastore] => vB_Datastore Object ([defaultitems] => Array ([0] => options,[1] => bitfields,[2] => attachmentcache,[3] => forumcache,[4] => usergroupcache,[5] => stylecache,[6] => languagecache,[7] => products,[8] => pluginlist,[9] => cron,[10] => profilefield),[itemarray] => Array (),[registry] => vB_Registry Object ( *RECURSION*,[dbobject] => vB_Database Object ([functions] => Array ([connect] => mysql_connect,[pconnect] => mysql_pconnect,[select_db] => mysql_select_db,[query] => mysql_query,[query_unbuffered] => mysql_unbuffered_query,[fetch_row] => mysql_fetch_row,[fetch_array] => mysql_fetch_array,[fetch_field] => mysql_fetch_field,[free_result] => mysql_free_result,[data_seek] => mysql_data_seek,[error] => mysql_error,[errno] => mysql_errno,[affected_rows] => mysql_affected_rows,[num_rows] => mysql_num_rows,[num_fields] => mysql_num_fields,[field_name] => mysql_field_name,[insert_id] => mysql_insert_id,[escape_string] => mysql_real_escape_string,[real_escape_string] => mysql_real_escape_string,[close] => mysql_close,[client_encoding] =>
  • Tikibird
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.8.x

I just upgraded from 3.6.4 to 3.6.8 PL2 last week hoping this would fix the problem, it hasn't.

Comment

• peterska2
      • Oct 2003
      • 3.7.x

To troubleshoot this, please reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Please let us know if this resolves the problem.

Comment

• Tikibird
        • Oct 2007
        • 3.8.x

Hi Kerry-Anne,

Wouldn't the upgrade have overwritten the existing 3.6.4 files with the correct 3.6.8 ones?

I have a few modifications it didn't like but it doesn't seem to have a problem with the admincp. I am in a bit over my head. I know how to load xmls into the product manager but I have never attempted a template or file edit. I don't even know where to find the file you menetion. The only xmls I have are styles, the shoutbox, a few for stats and sticky thread seperator. The timezone thingy doesn't work but I was having problems before I loaded that.

gmtimage.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinvbshout.phpFile not recognized as part of vBulletinScanned 50 files
        ./admincpScanned 3 files
        ./archiveScanned 31 files
        ./clientscriptScanned 3 files
        ./clientscript/yuiScanned 2 files
        ./images/regimage/fontsScanned 93 files
        ./includesScanned 18 files
        ./includes/cronScanned 8 files
        ./includes/paymentapiScanned 8 files
        ./includes/xmlbitfield_passivevid.xmlFile not recognized as part of vBulletinScanned 70 files
        ./installScanned 10 files
        ./modcp

Comment

• vbem2
          • Dec 2007

Hello - I'm experiencing this identical error when attempting to update Additional CSS Definitions in the admincp.

EDIT: I'm using vBulletin 3.6.8 Patch Level 2

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne
          To troubleshoot this, please reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php).
          Note that I'm getting this error on a brand-new install that has had NO changes made to it out of the box. (I got the error in the production site, so I installed a fresh testvb forum as permitted in the licence - and I'm getting the error there as well.)

Error:

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /admincp/css.php on line 103

Rebuild Style Information
          Updating Style Information for '' and child styles...
          Fatal error: Invalid styleid specified in /includes/adminfunctions_template.php on line 327
          #0 vb_error_handler(256, Invalid styleid specified, /home/boardpath/includes/adminfunctions_template.php, 327, Array ([styleid] => 0,[doreturn] => 1,[parentids] => ,[vbulletin] => vB_Registry Object ([datastore] => vB_Datastore Object ([defaultitems] => Array ([0] => options,[1] => bitfields,[2] => attachmentcache,[3] => forumcache,[4] => usergroupcache,[5] => stylecache,[6] => languagecache,[7] => products,[8] => pluginlist,[9] => cron,[10] => profilefield),[itemarray] => Array (),[registry] => vB_Registry Object ( *RECURSION*,[dbobject] => vB_Database Object ([functions] => Array ([connect] => mysql_connect,[pconnect] => mysql_pconnect,[select_db] => mysql_select_db,[query] => mysql_que

Last edited by vbem2; Sun 2 Dec '07, 10:15am. Reason: added vB version info to post

Comment

• vbem2
            • Dec 2007

I should add that to generate that message in the fresh installation, I followed these steps:

1) opened Style Manager
            2) opened Main CSS for the Default Style
            3) went to the Additional CSS Definitions section (bottom of page)
            4) pressed the Save button

Note that the error occurs regardless of whether I make any changes to the form contents.

Comment

• LBSources
              • Dec 2005
              • 3.5.x

Having this same issue . Trying to add additional css fields..
              My Forum: Bronx New York
              Vbulletin Version: 3.6.8 PL2

Comment

• rwaee
                • Sep 2006

This problem from the hosting
                Open the folder dmincp
                Then add the file. Htaccess
                Put it the following code:
                php_value suhosin.request.max_vars 1024

php_value suhosin.post.max_vars 1024

Then save the file

abulean
                Last edited by rwaee; Sun 2 Dec '07, 8:37pm.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by rwaee
                  Open the folder dmincp

Then save the file

abulean
                  Correct. This error is usually caused by Suhosin not allowing enough variables. It should allow at least 300 variables to be submitted in a form.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• vbem2
                    • Dec 2007

abulean and Wayne: thanks for the replies.

Modifying the .htaccess file fixed it.

Since I'm a complete noob, and other complete noobs could be reading this, just a clarification...

The filename is .htaccess (note the location of the period)

It took me a few false attempts following the above instructions, and a Google search to figure that out.

Yes, I'm that much of a noob.

Thanks again.

Comment

• Leo Brazil
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by rwaee
                      Open the folder dmincp

Then save the file
                      I had the same issue. Search here a found a few threads suggesting the same thing.
                      Just a tip before doing that for newbies (like me), contact your host before doing that otherwise if their system is not compatible with this instriction is gonna mess up with your system. It did with mine.

Comment

• Tikibird
                        • Oct 2007
                        • 3.8.x

OK these instructions are beyond my capablities so I went to my host tech support and they said they don't run suhosin.

He looked through my CSS files and said they all appear to be in order.

He tried what rwaee said above and my board went down. This error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
                        Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
                        More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
                        Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
                        Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.7a DAV/2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_jk/1.2.25 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 Server at www.myforum.com Port 80

Comment

• Tikibird
                          • Oct 2007
                          • 3.8.x

Update, the tech support guy undid what he did (.htaccess edit as above). My board is back up but I still can't edit styles.

What I don't get it that I upgraded to 3.6.8 and there is a admincp/css.php file in the download from members area. I would assume running the upgrade program would have overwrote this file with the current one.

What exactly is on line 103 that is causing this "implode"? The tech guy said he couldn't find anything wrong with it.

Comment

• LightSabre
                            • Nov 2005
                            • 3.6.x

Yeah, it's been happening to me too, and the tech support from hosting said that there's nothing wrong on their end.

I'm not sure what's causing it, but here's a top-notch solution -select from the drop-down menu not all style options - take them individually untill you reach those style options you need to modify and then it will save proipery all changes! Good luck with that!
                            Last edited by LightSabre; Sat 5 Jan '08, 1:26pm.
                            LightSabre, Chief-Editor @ Xenon Web Magazine™ - www.xenonweb.us
                            Digital Media-X™ Artist @ digitalmedia.xenonweb.us
                            RadeonXT™ - radeonxt.xenonweb.us

Comment

• bela-meaad
                              • Feb 2005
                              • 3.6.x

i have the same error

i tried what rwaee said
                              but still not working

any idea

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...