Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • h_kakashi
    • Nov 2004

Attchment permissions based on post count

For the life of me I cannot find how to allow people with 0 post count to download attachements. Right now the following message is appearing :

"To view attachments your post count must be 0 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily."

I am sure there is an option somewhere but after 30 mins of looking still can't find the one that solves that.

Thanks for your help.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Default usergroup : can download attachments : no

Attachment usergroup : can download attachments : yes

then set a promotion for the default usergroup (leave other values empty) based on posts: x (where x can be 5 or 12 or whatever amount you want) to upgrade to the secundairy usergroup attachments, giving them attachments permissions.

Comment

• h_kakashi
      • Nov 2004

I need the opposite though.
      I would like everyone, whether logged in or not to view attachments.

Unregistered users are allowed to view attachments in the usergroup settings. So it's not that.

If I copy an attachment link and then put it in a browser where no user is logged in, I can download the file fine. However when viewing the forums normally as an unregistered user, any attachments on the forums show the message above.

I would like them not to see that message and just see the attachment link.
      Last edited by h_kakashi; Wed 28 Nov '07, 4:37am.

Comment