how do i disable "right click-save as image on my forum?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imports
    • Jul 2007
    • 3.6.x

how do i disable "right click-save as image on my forum?

like the title said how do i disable it so people can't save the images that i put on my forum?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

I believe there is a template edit at www.vbulletin.org that does this.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• richpal
      • Aug 2006
      • 3.6.x

Or do a 'search' on vbulletin.org though remember to select 'search title only' or you will be presented with 1000's of useless search results!

Bear in mind that if users view the source code they can still find and copy the image, well they can on most websites, though am not entirely sure this is correct on vbulletin.

Comment

• imports
        • Jul 2007
        • 3.6.x

oks thanks for your reply i'll try to search it in different words and see what i can come up with.

Comment

• imports
          • Jul 2007
          • 3.6.x

Found it and done.

thanks for the fast reply

Jeff

Comment

• richpal
            • Aug 2006
            • 3.6.x

No worries, I keep asking for info on here with regards to my own site, so it seems only fair to repay the compliment and help out a few other users whenever I'm on here.

One other suggestion might be to realise that whatever images posted on your forum will be copied, and rather than attempting to stop this happening, to instead use this to your advantage by automatically pasting a ghosted watermark 'posted at ww w.yoursite.com' or similar on any images posted on your forum. This way, the images are spread across the internet, complete with a link back to your site. Be honest, you can't stop it happening, so you might as well make the best of it!

I remember seeing a post on vbulletin.org last year with this useful hack though don't have the link to hand - once again, remember to select 'search title only' on any searches you do

Comment

• testerv
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by richpal
              rather than attempting to stop this happening, to instead use this to your advantage by automatically pasting a ghosted watermark 'posted at ww w.yoursite.com' or similar on any images posted on your forum. This way, the images are spread across the internet, complete with a link back to your site. Be honest, you can't stop it happening, so you might as well make the best of it!
              Why would a ghosted watermark be visible when the image is copied and pasted on another site but not be visible when it's on your site? Maybe I don't understand what a "ghosted watermark" is...

Comment