• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikep
    • Jun 2006
    • 3.5.x

use the if condition statement

What is this vb language, and are there any refrences to it

I want to be able to say if ($navbits[breadcrumb] == "Tutoring Classifieds > Music > Classifieds Singing"){print "this";}

can I just say:

<if condition="$navbits[breadcrumb] == 'X"> this </if>

the problem is X =
    <span class="navbar">&gt; <a href="forumdisplay.php?f=1">Tutoring <b> Classifieds </b> and <b>Requests</b></a></span> <span class="navbar">&gt; <a href="forumdisplay.php?f=54">Tutoring Classifieds Arts</a></span><span class="navbar">&gt; <a href="forumdisplay.php?f=46">Classifieds Singing</a></span>
    this Contains quotations, grrr

is there a way to say $navbits[breadcrumb] contains "string" (eg "Singing")
    Last edited by mikep; Thu 22 Nov '07, 1:22am.
    ai-stockmarketforum vbulletin-faq vbulletin-fans
  • mikep
    • Jun 2006
    • 3.5.x

I have searched around but I cant find any information on this. Is there no info on how to use the if statement in VB, and a list of operators and functions?
    ai-stockmarketforum vbulletin-faq vbulletin-fans

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

They are simple conditionals.. Anything you can do in a PHP if statement in regards to operaters can be done. You are limited on the functions that can be used. It is documented in the online manual at:

What you want to do in the conditional cannot be done. You would need to write a plugin so you can use the substr() function. Or evaluate your location before the navbar gets printed. There are probably other conditionals that could be used but without knowing the context its hard to suggest one.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...