X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emmanuel132
    • Nov 2006

Guys.....

<URL removed and reported> is a illegal SITE I USE TO BE ADMIN THERE THE OWNER TOLD ME TO! i dont know why u guys dont delete it i reported it like 50 times. it seems like no one cares....
  • emmanuel132
    • Nov 2006

why dont u guys ever look at this site?

Comment

• Pandemix
      • Sep 2007
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by emmanuel132
      why dont u guys ever look at this site?
      They probably have already, but they say they may not reply to your report due to privacy issues.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Why on Earth would you or anyone think we are not interested in stopping piracy and protecting our Intellectual Property? That doesn't make any sense.

Something is ALWAYS done. Keep in mind that Jelsoft is not some all-powerful entity that can smite down illegal sites with a wave of it's mighty hand. The process requires cooperation from the web hosting companies and others as well.

Some sites may be hosted in places that don't respect copyright laws. Some may have purchased a licenseafter getting their warning. Some just pick up and move to another host after getting shut down. And some may just take a while to get shut down.

Thank you for your reports. Believe me, we DO follow-up within the limits of our power.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• emmanuel132
          • Nov 2006

well it doesnt seem like it man.. ive been reporting this site for a while and alot of other people did to

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
            • Feb 2005
            • 1.1.x

Not all servers resides in countries that comply with 'Intellectual Property Law'. You can ask googles, yahoo, microsoft and even your internet service provider to block all access from the site in question. You do have an option to block links from that site right from your very own computer.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

Originally posted by emmanuel132
              well it doesnt seem like it man.. ive been reporting this site for a while and alot of other people did to
              What part of my answer didn't you understand?

At any rate there is no point in keeping this open. Thread closed.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...