• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrcal
    • Apr 2004
    • 3.8.x

Forum emails & Search box

Hello,
    I have two questions. (1) How do I edit the templates that vBulletin uses to email forum users? (2) How can I add a static search box to the top of our forum to bypass the current search feature?

(1) The problem we are having is that the forum is sending out emails notifying users that someone has sent them a private message, or has posted a response to one of their forum posts - and the users keep responding to the emails (which is just sending the emails back to our administrator account). We would like to put in text that says "DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS MESSAGE" or something along those lines.

(2) We would really just like an additional search box at the top of the forum that so users can search the entire forum without the search drop-down box or the advanced search page. We have a lot of computing power, so an excessive load on the servers from this is not an issue.

Thank you,
    John
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

1. That is already in the default vB 3.6.8 PM email phrase. If you haven't upgraded, you should. Otherwise you can manually edit the pmreceived and notify phrases.

2. This requires modifying the navbar template. I don't know how to do this particular modification though.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...