X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • njoker555
    • Jun 2007
    • 3.6.x

3.6.8 unhackable?

Well i just wanted to know if vbullletin version 3.6.8 PL1 was without any exploits and hackers cant get their hands on the database in anyway.

can anyone confirm that please? i ask become some !@$#% just threatened my forum cuz I caught him copy+paste game reviews from other sites lol. i haven't banned him yet but this is what he said and i thought was very very funny

Try not to ban me for any reason... But emm go on death note forum, they baned me and they needed to make an whole new forum of vBulleting because of my freind... My freind heard me talk how they bannded me and all and he hacked the site hacked admins comp and pull of the plug for the forum...
    confirmation of my first question is still needed so i wont be scared of banning him lol - my host also said they have brute force detection and it'll mess up the hackers computer if they try

thanks!
    Gamers Forum | Cheap VPS Hosting
    Custom Computers and Servers | Arcade29
  • Kiwi76
    • May 2006
    • 3.5.x

If there were known exploits with 3.6.8 PL1, it wouldn't be the latest release. That's not to say it's unhackable for sure, but nobody knows of any exploits.

By the sound of that message, I personally think it's a bluff. You don't need to be scared of anyone. Most true "hackers" won't flaunt their ability to do so, and most hackers are random people who find your site looking for something to exploit, not part of your userbase.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Please see this thread on how to make your vBulletin more secure:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• njoker555
        • Jun 2007
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Kiwi76
        If there were known exploits with 3.6.8 PL1, it wouldn't be the latest release. That's not to say it's unhackable for sure, but nobody knows of any exploits.

By the sound of that message, I personally think it's a bluff. You don't need to be scared of anyone. Most true "hackers" won't flaunt their ability to do so, and most hackers are random people who find your site looking for something to exploit, not part of your userbase.
        thanks and i thought it was funny how he said he would hack my computer to shut down the forum lol

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        Please see this thread on how to make your vBulletin more secure:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172234
        thanks, i did most of that except make myself undeletable, until now

thanks!
        Gamers Forum | Cheap VPS Hosting
        Custom Computers and Servers | Arcade29

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...