Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndreaFahy
    • Apr 2007

Members Cannot Stayed Logged On

Two members have complained that they are unable to stay logged onto my forum. They say that they log in, select "remeber me" and as soon as they go to another page they are told that they are not logged on.

On two out of about 100 users have reported this, but it is very upsetting to those two.

Any thoughts?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

They either are not really clicking on 'Remember me' or they are blocking cookies.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• beano33
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by AndreaFahy
      Two members have complained that they are unable to stay logged onto my forum. They say that they log in, select "remeber me" and as soon as they go to another page they are told that they are not logged on.

On two out of about 100 users have reported this, but it is very upsetting to those two.

Any thoughts?
      By any chance are these AOL users? I been received the same reports from a handful of members on a large forum and it turns out they all use AOL. I believe this may be related to last week's 'silent' release of AOL 9.1. I don't know if it changes their security settings or introduces some other issue with their new browser. I've been telling those members to minimize AOL and use IE or Firefox to access forums until there's more info available.

Comment

• AndreaFahy
        • Apr 2007

I don't know, I will ask. One member is just a pain in the ass, always has been and not to sound cruel but I don't really care with her. Another member tends to waste my time but the third member is very valuable. so...I will ask them.

Comment

• AndreaFahy
          • Apr 2007

Another member now is having the same difficulties.

This is a user in Sweden and below is her message to me:

When I login, it looks like I'm loged in. But when I start to read new threads I'm not loged in.. I tried from different computers, but it dosent work...:/

I got explorer in diffrent versions, and all of the computers are pc (not mac). I tried three different, work, home and Michael office.

Comment

• alanb
            • Dec 2005

Some Anti-Spyware programs such as Webroot Spysweeper have the ability to check for and delete tracking cookies. If they are running an Anti-Spyware program they need to edit it to allow cookies from your domain in order to make sure that is not the problem.

This may or may not be the cause of the problem but it's worth checking into.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...