X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ldove
    • Jun 2002

RSS Feed Problem

Hello,

I've attempted to place a RSS feed into one of my forums from 2 different RSS feeds, and I get the same error on both when attempting to run the script to get the feed.

Code:
    XML Error: > required at line 4XML Error: > required at line 4
    I couldn't find this error anywhere in the forums. Has anyone seen this or know what the issue might be?

Thanks,
    -Lyle
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Most likely a bad RSS. What's the specific feed?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ldove
      • Jun 2002

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

Here's the two that I tried. These are merely to see if I can use these in another way for our specific needs, but they both reported the exact same error, which I found was very odd.

Your customizable and curated collection of the best in trusted news plus coverage of sports, entertainment, money, weather, travel, health and lifestyle, combined with Outlook/Hotmail, Facebook, Twitter, Bing, Skype and more.

Thank you,
      -Lyle

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

I didn't have any errors with either feed on my unmodified 3.6.8 test forum. The first one, however, producces not new threads. It would appear that that one is not compatible witgh vB. The second one worked fine though.

What were you doing exactly?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ldove
          • Jun 2002

Well... very odd. Its working now. I'm not sure what hte issue was. Could it have been caused by a network issue? Thats the only common thing I can think of seeings how they are different feeds, and the server hasn't been touched except to add the feeds.
          -Lyle

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Probably a temporary server issue.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...