X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• database errors

Here is the errors i have been getting

Code:
    mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
    /home/fonetcom/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 274
    I have just been to cpanel checked database and there are loads of errors in the database about sessions not been closed properly, what can be causing this??

regards

This error means that either the details in your config.php file are incorrect, or the connection to the database can't be made.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Hi colin thanks for your reply

The site is running fine most of the time then we just get a rush of db errors, so what part of the config.php would be wrong to cause this?

I know we have had other errors about max connections and looking at the db before there were several instances of connections not being closed properly so that explains the max connections getting full. Reading another post i have persistant set to off so i know its not that. The hosting company don't want to know saying it is vbulletin what is my next step to try?

regards

bazz

Comment

If this only happens spontaneously then it's likely not a problem with the configuration, rather it'd be an error on the server end. Possibly the server crashed or similar.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

this just happenend again about an hour ago i have about ten database errors in my inbox. Here is the reply from my host to a ticket issue

Greetings,

We have a resource monitoring script in place which kills user sessions that are overusing the resources on the server. If this is happening multiple times a day then I would recommend you upgrading to a VPS since your website has outgrown the shared environment.

Regards,
          John
          I had 3 users on at the time of this and three guests they cant have that many connections open surely?

again i checked my vbulletin database and had to repair it as there where about 30 open connections failed to close.

Is there a certain script that closes them? or is just down to each individual script to close itself?

regards

Comment

It seems my hosting company don't wanna help they have just referred the support ticket to sales to try make my buy a more expensive package.

Anyone have an idea of what is happening?

regards

Comment

This error means either MySQL crashed, it's not running or it can't find the socket. You need to contact your host about this. Here is more info on this error:

MySQL 5.1:
              http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/...to-server.html

MySQL 5.0:
              http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/...to-server.html

MySQL 3.23, 4.0, 4.1:
              http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/...to-server.html

In Windows:
              http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/...n-windows.html
              http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/...n-windows.html
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply steve

Could the scripts be causing mysql to crash then?

This hosting company just seem intent on selling than support I am slowly pulling my hair out and getting nowhere with them. I think i have just passed my money back period too

Comment

No, it is almost certainly a server issue.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

bazzup -- did you get this resolved? I've had the same frustration. My ISP insists it's a vbulletin problem and VB says it's a server problem.

how do you determine when there are open connections that failed to properly close?

Comment

Please start your own thread with all the relevant info. Thanks.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X