Infraction system not working properly...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Apokalupsis
    • Feb 2002
    • 3.6.x

Infraction system not working properly...

Or perhaps it's just me not setting the proper configuration.

Here is what I want it to do:

1) Have infraction points last 30 days. That is, they expire after 30 days.
    2) If a member reaches 10 pts in a 30 day window of time, they are suspended for 7 days, but can come back after then.
    3) The points however, would remain, and still expire after 30 days. Thus, a member could have 10 points, be suspended, come back in 7 days, still have 10 points for 21 more days...and be fine. OR...

They could come back after 7 days, still have 10 pts for 21 days, screw up again, get suspended for an additional 7 days since they have 10 pts already.

________

This is what is happening:

1) Infractions are set to expire in 30 days.
    2) 10 pts = suspension.
    3) An automatic ban of 7 days results if 10 pts are accumulated.
    4) Members however, are not unsuspended after 7 days...they appear to have to wait the full 30 days...the time it takes for the points to expire.

Essentially: expired points = only way to lift a suspension? So if 7 day suspensions are what I want, I have to set the expiration to 7 days for each infraction? This presents a problem because potentially, members can work themselves up to 9 pts in 7 days, wait 1 day, have all their points expire, then start up their shenanigans again.

Or am I doing something wrong?

I currently have 2 members who are suspended, who shouldn't be any longer. 7 days has passed. On their member area inside the admincp, they are shown as being registered members, no secondary usergroups. Yet, they are suspended nonetheless. I'm not sure how to unsuspend them. How can I do this?
  • Apokalupsis
    • Feb 2002
    • 3.6.x

bumpage

Comment

• Apokalupsis
      • Feb 2002
      • 3.6.x

bumpage

Comment

• Apokalupsis
        • Feb 2002
        • 3.6.x

Anyone help please?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

If you have installed any Plugins or Products, first disable these to see if you still have this problem.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If you still have this problem with plugins disabled, check the includes/xml directory and make sure only the original vB files are in there and none from any add-ons. Then if you still have a problem and have not installed any hacks (which includes portals), fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Apokalupsis
            • Feb 2002
            • 3.6.x

Just to ensure that the above post is not a standard "form" post, is vb not behaving the way it should be according to my first post? Should it be doing what I want it to do there?

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

I don't know because I can't follow what you posted. This is why I suggest you fill out a support ticket, particularly since you keep bumping this and want some sort of answer.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• bulbasnore
                • Dec 2004

Maybe I understand this because I'm having the same problem.

Apokalupsis, did you figure this out?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

This thread is 5 months old. Please start your own thread with all the relevant details.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...