Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paule123
    • May 2006

Copy settings from existing forum to new forum

I have an existing installed license of VB 3.6.5 on my server. I've purchased another license and done another install on the same machine of VB 3.6.8 (different mysql database name) Both are working fine. Since I can't remember all the little things I changed when I set up the 3.6.5 forum, is there a way to transfer those settings over to the fresh 3.6.8 install ?

Even if I can't export/import, would it be possible to use Beyond Compare to view some config XML file side by side to see what's different?
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

It would take only an hour or less to compare settings, unless you modified files...

Comment

• rocknbil
      • Oct 2007
      • 3.6.x

Can't you use the backup settings function in vBulletin Options for settings?

A related question is phrases, I see you can download languages but not phrases. There are hundreds of them to sort through. Is there a way to port those over to a second license to pick up modified phrases?

I suppose you could script a way to dump the table and re-import it into the second database, but wondered if there was an interface option for this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...