Large Posts are being saved as an empty post.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robdog
    • Oct 2005

Large Posts are being saved as an empty post.

I have browsed through this site and tried all the suggestions and nothing seems to be working.

I added the following to my .htaccess file:
    php_flag magic_quotes_sybase 0
    php_flag suhosin.cookie.encrypt Off
    php_value suhosin.request.max_vars 2048
    php_value suhosin.post.max_vars 2048
    <IfModule mod_security.c>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </IfModule>
    I also tried this help text:

But that pages looks to be for completely blank pages and not posts being saved as empty.

Here is my install info:

vBulletin 3.6.0
    PHP 5.2.3
    Apache 1.3
    MySql 5.0.27

Any information to help me get this fixed would be great.
    47. Software of the kind released by XL generally takes several years to research and develop, as did vBulletin. Based, in part, on the speed in which the XenForo product was released slightly more than a year after Darby and Sullivan left VBSI, VBSI is informed and believes, and on that basis alleges, that Darby and Sullivan retained Jelsoft's and VBSI's proprietary materials obtained during their employment by Jelsoft pertaining to existing and future versions of vBulletin ...
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Define 'large post'.

Also enable phpinfo in the Admin CP, then provide the URL to your forums.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Public phpinfo() Display Enabled
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• robdog
      • Oct 2005

The post I am trying to do is over 100,000 characters. I have the limit checking disabled.

Website Forum: http://www.mmopatchtimer.com/forums/

Let me know if you find anything interesting.

Thanks.
      47. Software of the kind released by XL generally takes several years to research and develop, as did vBulletin. Based, in part, on the speed in which the XenForo product was released slightly more than a year after Darby and Sullivan left VBSI, VBSI is informed and believes, and on that basis alleges, that Darby and Sullivan retained Jelsoft's and VBSI's proprietary materials obtained during their employment by Jelsoft pertaining to existing and future versions of vBulletin ...

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

To tell you the truth, you may need to remove or disable vBSEO ansd any other add-ons to get further support.

However a couple of posssibiliteds are they these php.ini settings are too low:

max_execution_time: 30
        max_input_time: 60
        post_max_size: 8M

I would try increasing each of these until you no longer have this problem. You will need to restart Apache after each change to php.ini.

Also you are not running mod_security or suhsin so you can remove those line from .htaccess.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• robdog
          • Oct 2005

Increased the MAX_POST_SIZE to 100M, Timeouts are set to 120 seconds and I am still getting the blank posts.

I also disabled vbSEO and that doesn't seem to be helping the situation either.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

I seriously doubt 120 will be enough. As I said you will have to keep increasing these values until you no longer have this problem. Don't forget that you also need to rstart Apache after every change.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• robdog
              • Oct 2005

Okay I up it to 10 Minutes and the posts are still blank.

I upgraded to PHP 5.2.4 but that didn't fix this problem either. I am pretty much at a loss since this seems to work with small size posts but the bigger size posts just done want to save...

I upgraded to MySQL 5 and PHP 5 recently. Would that have caused any problems with my vBulletin install?

Thanks for you help so far.

Comment

• robdog
                • Oct 2005

I just upgraded to 3.6.8 because this error was worth the $30. But I know I shouldn't of needed to do that. However, it is working now under the newest version.

Comment

• CheapyD
                  • Mar 2005

Is there any fix for this besides an upgrade to 3.6.8?
                  I'm having the exact same issue, except I'm currently on 3.5.8.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...