X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jnr
    • Jun 2007
    • 3.6.x

RSS items in preview but not imported

Hi. The three items in this RSS feed show in the preview but don't get imported:

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Joshua Rubin, Admin, GreenMachines.net
    Green Corporate Responsibility Forums
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

What do you mean? I only see one item in that feed.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jnr
      • Jun 2007
      • 3.6.x

RSS items in preview but not imported

Yes, I managed to get the items into vB and updated the feed. I'm not quite sure what I did that worked, so I imagine it'll happen again and I'll give a more thorough account.

Is there any documentation that supplements the vB manual about how vB processes incoming RSS items?

Does vB's RSS reader allow me to import the same item more than once? For example, can I create and have vB subscribe to different RSS feeds that include identical copies of the same item and import the copies into different forums? Or is there something that recognizes each item and prohibits duplicates?

Also, a couple of the problematic items had multiple URLs in them that I think were not RSS elements. Could that cause a problem?

Thanks again.
      Joshua Rubin, Admin, GreenMachines.net
      Green Corporate Responsibility Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...