Changing "index posts" from enabled to disabled on a forum in forum manager.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • telc
    • Oct 2001
    • 3.5.x

Changing "index posts" from enabled to disabled on a forum in forum manager.

I have a subform with many posts in it that are indexed and searchable. I use VB search.

If I disable this option for the forum, will vBulletin clear up the "word" and "postindex" table for the posts that are now no longer searchable. Or will the tables be left with stale data that will never be used?

"Index New Posts in Search Engine (Setting this to 'No' will prevent anyone from being able to search in this forum)"
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

You will need to rebuild the search index after making any changes to the search settings for your forums.

Comment

• telc
      • Oct 2001
      • 3.5.x

Thanks, is that the only time you should need to rebuild it? Assuming you have always used vb search.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Yes.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...