• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baker011
    • Dec 2004
    • 4.2.X

PNG issues with IE6

Hey all,

I'm trying to setup some forums that work on IE 7, 6 and Firefox but I'm having problems with PNG transparency. When I add the DirectX filter code it works perfectly in IE 6 and 7 but not in Firefox as Firefox ignores the code.
    I've tried setting the background in the Main CSS for Firefox but that overwrites the IE coded added in the Additional CSS box.

Ideally we don't want to have to refer to seperate CSS style sheet for each browser as any change to one will need a change to the other.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated as I'd like the forums to be compatible with all browsers (or at least the 3 mentioned).

Many thanks,

Baker011
  • Onimua
    • Apr 2005

PMG transparency works fine with anything but IE6 (it works for Safari, Firefox, IE7, Opera, and probably several others). What exactly are you trying to do?
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• baker011
      • Dec 2004
      • 4.2.X

Basically, we have it working in IE7 and firefox, however we want PNG to work in IE6 too. I need to know how to make it completely friendly with all three of these browsers.

Cheers big ears.

Comment

• Onimua
        • Apr 2005

It's just not possible to get PNG transparency to work in IE6 100%. Although there are plenty of methods to try and get it, there are usually more issues caused than solved (such as it works on regular images, but images called via CSS as background images won't work, it won't work with repeated backgrounds, etcetera).

You don't need any methods to work with any other browser; all of the common browsers have PNG transparency built-in and work fine. It's just IE6 that doesn't support it.
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...