Fresh install + move categories, threads/replies and users over?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jbart04
    • Mar 2006

Fresh install + move categories, threads/replies and users over?

I've had someone look into my database b/c I was getting high loads for no apparent reason and they said some of the tables were a bit screwed up. We tried to do a fresh install and move over the users, threads/replies, and forums over but we kept getting db errors:
    Code:
    <!--
    Database error in vBulletin 3.6.8:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT
    user.username, (user.options &amp; 512) AS invisible, user.usergroupid,
    session.userid, session.inforum, session.lastactivity,
    IF(displaygroupid=0, user.usergroupid, displaygroupid) AS displaygroupid, infractiongroupid
    FROM session AS session
    LEFT JOIN user AS user ON(user.userid = session.userid)
    WHERE session.lastactivity &gt; 1188406362
    ORDER BY username ASC;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'infractiongroupid' in 'field list'
    Error Number : 1054
    Date : Wednesday, August 29th 2007 @ 12:07:42 PM
    Script : http://www.***.com/forums2/
    Referrer : http://www.***.com/forums2/
    IP Address : ***
    Username : Unregistered
    Classname : vb_database
    -->
    Before we tried to move the tables over, we first uninstalled all of the mods I had installed. The fresh install didn't have any mods either.

I just want to make sure everything is running tiptop so is there any reason as to what is causing this or is the a solution on how move users/usergroups, threads, and forum categories over? I really could care less about anything else such as infractions (since I see that mentioned in the error).

More information on my situation; I had originally converted from IPB to vB, so I'm assuming that some of the problems with my tables may lie there.

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You can't just move certain tables over. The only way to do this is by importing the old data with Impex.

Note: This will change all your existing user, post, thread and forum ID numbers.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...