X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steve worcester
    • Jan 2007
    • 3.6.x

Custom Avatars missing

We moved domains and upgraded, once I figured out the kinks, it went fairly smooth. One issue remaining is the custom avatars are missing (maybe all avatars). If I right click the avatar,get the properties, it shows something like

domainname.org/vbforum/image.php?u=49&dateline=1179536380

I did revert templates after upgrade, but maybe didn't complete the process?
    There is a /vbulletin/customavatar folder, but looking at the contents, they won't come up in any image editor I have. What did I screw up?
    Last edited by steve worcester; Fri 24 Aug '07, 9:31am.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Are you storing avatars in the file system? If so, did you move those avatars to the new server and reset the avatar dirctory to the new path on this server?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• steve worcester
      • Jan 2007
      • 3.6.x

(Now I am really confused)

We are storing them in the database (I am guessing the table avatars).
      If I go in with admincp>avatars it shows they are cusrrently being servered from the database. I moved the generic avatars to the /vbforum/images/avatars and I can see them now in control panel.

In the past users could upload thier own avatar. WOuld those be in the database also? If not, and they get uploaded again, does that make them public avatars?

(Have I told you what a great job your doing lately?)

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

If the avatars storage is set to the database, then that is where they should be - the 'customavatar' table.

Public avatatars are those avatars you make available here:

Admin CP -> Avatars

Custom avatars are the ones that your users upload themselves and which are stored in the customavatar table, assuming their usergroup permissions allow them to do this.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...