• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • attroll
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.2.X

adding Additional Usergroups to a subscription later

I have a question about Subscriptions.

I have a subscription so that when a member donates $10 that there Primary Usergroup gets changed to a “Donating Member” user group that I created.

I have been doing this for a few years now, but I want to change something with this subscription. I want to add an additional user group that I created that I want to do to this subscription when as user donates $10. I know how to this by putting a check mark in the Additional Usergroups that I want to include in the subscription section. How do I make sure all the previous users that have subscriptions get this Additional Usergroups assigned to them now so that it is active and expires when their subscription runs out?

Is there something I need to run in the maintenance section?
  • attroll
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.2.X

Bumping this. Am I not making sense or is it just that know one has read it yet?

Comment

• Fusion
      • Aug 2001
      • 3.8.x

You could try to make a promotion based on that group so that the additional group gets added.
      Toddler from Hell

Comment

• attroll
        • Jan 2003
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Fusion
        You could try to make a promotion based on that group so that the additional group gets added.
        Yes but I want this additional group to be removed when there subscription expires also.

Comment

• Fusion
          • Aug 2001
          • 3.8.x

Well, okay, change the subscription to that effect, and test this on your test-server.
          If it only applies to new subscriptions I'd be tempted to remove the existing subscibers and re-add them to the altered subscription.
          Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Fusion
            • Aug 2001
            • 3.8.x

As an alternative you can leave the subscription as-is and simply use promotions/demotions to add/remove the additional group.

Just tossing out a few ideas.
            Toddler from Hell

Comment

• attroll
              • Jan 2003
              • 4.2.X

As an alternative you can leave the subscription as-is and simply use promotions/demotions to add/remove the additional group.

Just tossing out a few ideas.
              I see what your saying but the promotions system is based on Reputation, Level, Days Registered, Posts. I am basing mine on people that have donated $10 to the web site that get assigned to a Primary Usergroup called "Donating Members" and that is how it has been. I created a new user group for bloggers. So I want to add "blogger" to the list of Additional Usergroups that the donating members get to access for that subscription. I have go in and done this already, but the only downfall to this is that the 314 donating members that were already assigned to this subscription before I went in and added the Additional Usergroup will not have this added for them.

I appreciate you trying to help and please if you can think of anything else please let me know.

Comment

• Fusion
                • Aug 2001
                • 3.8.x

You can still use the promotion system based on the fact that the subscription changes their primary group. Use that and say, # of days registered greater than or equal to 1 to create a promotion to add the additional group.
                The problem is the demotion. It seems when an additional usergroup is added through promotions, there's no easy way to have it removed, atleast when using the default criteria.
                This leads me back to one of my earlier ideas. Modify the subscription and if at all possiible re-add the present subscribers. Subscriptions revert both primary and secondary usergroups to what they were before the subscription started when it expires.
                Toddler from Hell

Comment

• attroll
                  • Jan 2003
                  • 4.2.X

This leads me back to one of my earlier ideas. Modify the subscription and if at all possiible re-add the present subscribers. Subscriptions revert both primary and secondary usergroups to what they were before the subscription started when it expires.
                  I already modified the subscription. The only way I found to make it work is to go into each user listed in the subscirptions and click on edit then and save them without making any changes and then the new changed takes effect. I was just trying to find a way around this so that I did not have to do it to 315 users.

Comment

• Fusion
                    • Aug 2001
                    • 3.8.x

Heheheh, yeah, I know that feeling.
                    Then again, you could just say that the new subscription features only takes effect for existing subscribers on renewals. That'd amount to the same as editing and saving, atleast I think so.
                    Toddler from Hell

Comment

• attroll
                      • Jan 2003
                      • 4.2.X

I was really hoping that someone from the VB team would pop in and answer this.

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

I believe you would need to enter the exsisting users as a manual subscription.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...