• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skepticality
    • Feb 2007
    • 3.6.x

Posting New Threads All Hang

Ok,

I have been having this issue for a little while, I installed the new patch, and it didn't go away. I was hoping it would.

Everyone on my system can reply to ANY thread without an issue. But, SOME of us can't post NEW threads, well we can... but something strange happens. We go in, write a new post, and hit 'submit' and it sits there and spins and spins and after you get annoyed that NOTHING has happened for over minutes and minutes, you hit 'stop', just navigate somewhere else.

But, if you go back into where you tried to post... it actually DID post... but never made it look like you did. MANY time we end up with 3-10 duplicate posts since peolpe attempt to re-fresh the page when it is hanging and no doing anything. Even though, the post actually WORKED and is in the system.

What might cause this? And the WORST part is that most people don't get this error, and I even tried with 10 different computers here in my studio and at work... and it always happens to me, no matter which account I sign in with... But most people have no problem... :|

Any ideas?
  • skepticality
    • Feb 2007
    • 3.6.x

No one else have this issue?

Comment

• T.S.
      • Apr 2006

I am having this same issue. Replies work fine, but it hangs after submitting a new thread. The new thread always gets posted, but the user does not get forwarded anywhere.

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

Please start your own thread. Thank you.

Comment

• Webber
          • Aug 2004
          • 4.1.x

Was this issue resolved? I ask because I have the same issue and am looking for a solution.

Comment

• flynnibus
            • Aug 2005

Join the party

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

Has anyone looked in their access_logs or error_logs to see if anything turns up?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• T.S.
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Webber
                Was this issue resolved? I ask because I have the same issue and am looking for a solution.
                I was able to resolve it on my forums. It was not vBulletin or any of my server settings. It was caused by my list of ping/update services set in vBSEO. I removed the list of them and everything was back to normal. Your problem could be something different, but that is one thing to check.

Comment

• Webber
                  • Aug 2004
                  • 4.1.x

Originally posted by T.S.
                  I was able to resolve it on my forums. It was not vBulletin or any of my server settings. It was caused by my list of ping/update services set in vBSEO. I removed the list of them and everything was back to normal. Your problem could be something different, but that is one thing to check.
                  I don't have that product installed BUT when you mentioned the ping service --- I immediately thought of the one product that I added on about the same time the issue began ----- the VbBlog. I am going to test this out and see if this may be the issue.

Comment

• InfoSpyware
                    • Jan 2005
                    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by T.S.
                    Sorry for using this theme, but I have the same problem in my forum that has been closed for two days.

T.S, please say me that was exactly what change you in the VBSEO?

Regars.
                    Support Forum HijackThis in Spanish

Comment