X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nanaimobar
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.7.x

Server error after upgrading vb from php to php5

I downloaded latest version with php5 extension, unzipped then uploaded files to same folders as has the php extension, upgrade successful, admin window appeared, but then server error 500 appeared.

Is it possible to simply upgrade to php5 from php4.x by upgrading or do I have to do a completely new installation, or is there some other problem?

Upgraded by using the upgrade.php5 extension.
    Thanks.
  • feldon23
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.7.x

Most users do not need the ".php4" ".php5" etc. versions. Are you sure you need them?

99% of webhosts running PHP 4 or PHP 5 work just fine with the ".php" files.

Comment

• nanaimobar
      • Nov 2005
      • 3.7.x

What I want vBulletin to do is recognize and use the PHP version 5.x which is available. My site has .php running now but vBulletin doesn't recognize php version 5.x, only 4.x.

I've tried adding
      AddType application/x-httpd-php5 .php

and have tried

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php

to .htaccess

but both bring an Internal Server Error reading "
      The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration
      and was unable to complete your request."

As a last resort I downloaded vB with a .php5 extension but got the same Internal Server Error at admin login after successful installation.

Do I have to change some code somewhere within vB in order for it to recognize PHP version 5.x on a server?

Comment

• George L
        Former vBulletin Support
        • May 2000
        • 3.8.x

vB can recognise and use a PHP5 based server fine with .php extensions so you don't need .php5 version
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...