X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HaYLaZ
    • Apr 2005
    • 3.8.x

Howcan i stop stealing my gifs

As you know some style thieves are stoling buttons,gif and other materials.

Can we stop this by putting htacces file to each image folder?

Or any idea?

thanks
    by
    HaYLaZ
  • syrus.xl
    • Jun 2005

Theres never a fail safe way. One could change code and put a transparent gif over each image, however this would take you ages and would be a pain to upgrade at a later date.

Alternatively, if you have Hotlinking Protection in your Cpanel then you could enable this, but this does not stop a right-click. You could add a right-click disable script, but none of these are totally safe, since most browsers can get around this very easy.

Anyone, with knowledge of HTML will know how to take images... its a problem all webmasters have to put with I'm afraid.

Comment

• HaYLaZ
      • Apr 2005
      • 3.8.x

thanks for your reply.

I tried all ways but not. Putting right-click disable script works on ie but not on mozilla or opera. I tried to put htacces but it doesnt show images. I tried changing chmods but not showing images too. I will look for new ways to stop this
      by
      HaYLaZ

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

If you put it on the internet, it can and will be stolen, if you dont want it stolen, dont put it on the internet.

Comment

• HaYLaZ
          • Apr 2005
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachery
          If you put it on the internet, it can and will be stolen, if you dont want it stolen, dont put it on the internet.
          Zachery thanks for your reply;
          But my job is making styles so i must put them on the internet
          by
          HaYLaZ

Comment

• slappy
            • Apr 2003

Which leads to the simple conclusion that, eventually, parts, or all of them will be stolen. That's life on the internet.

Regards,
            Slappy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...