• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leon83
    • Aug 2007
    • 3.6.x

Insert new user to database through 3rd party script

I integrate Drupal site and vBulletin forum at my site Dota Pick.ru
    I tried to use module DrupalVb - but it works not correctly.

Now I working out how to insert new user to database of vBulletin as soon as he register in Drupal.

I looked at code of DrupalVb and at structure of tables and now consider that I need to insert new entries to register new user to following tables:

- user
    - userfield
    - usertextfield
    - useractivation

Am I right? Need I insert entries to other tables? The data of each entry is undestandable - I can register a new test user and look at his default fields.
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

You might want to search or post this at www.vBulletin.org, as vBulletin.com does not deal with third party scripts in this case.

Comment

• Colin F
      • May 2004

I recommend you use the Data Managers instead of manually adding users. For further help with these I recommend you search or ask on www.vbulletin.org though.
      Best Regards
      Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• leon83
        • Aug 2007
        • 3.6.x

Thanks for advice with Data Managers. It's difficult to integrate them into Drupal - but it makes a stable code for all versions Drupal / VB. I will try to rewrite my code with Data Managers.

Now I did it through tables. It's enough to insert new records to:

- user
        - passwordhistory
        - useractivation
        - userfield
        - usertextfield

After it all works fine.

Comment

• patrickb
          • Jun 2007

I am looking to do something similar.

I had missed the passwordhistory table.

I however don't think the useractivation is required....that is unless you want the user to activate his vBulletin account on top of your Drupal one...

My problem with data managers is that my CMS doesn't use PHP, so i can't really use them, though I would like to.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...