• Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

Database error 1034

Today I started receiving the following errors:

Code:
    [SIZE=2]Database error in vBulletin 3.6.7:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Invalid SQL:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]REPLACE INTO vb_guest[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2](guestid, hostip, useragent, lastactive, spider, script, rdata)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]VALUES[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]('96c1ce8af49633e00ff7e0434ded1a9a', '64.203.203.88', 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; FunWebProducts; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30)', 1185488800, '', 'adv_index', 'a:6:{s:1:\"s\";s:0:\"\";s:6:\"postid\";i:0;s:8:\"threadid\";i:0;s:7:\"forumid\";i:0;s:6:\"pollid\";i:0;s:1:\"a\";s:0:\"\";}');[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]MySQL Error : Incorrect key file for table 'vb_guest'; try to repair it Error Number : 1034[/SIZE]
    I have been searching this forum for a remedy and followed the instructions given on this post: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...or+Number+1034 which were to try this query:

TRUNCATE session;

When I execute that query I receive the following error message:
    Code:

An error occurred while attempting to execute your query. The following information was returned. 
    error number: 1146 
    error desc: Table 'cheryl_vb362.session' doesn't exist
    What should I do now?
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Hello,

Thank you for contacting vBulletin Support.

To my knowledge vBulletin doesn't have a table called "guest", so I assume this is due to a bug or error in a non vB table. Something I can't help you with.

If you get the error that your session table does not exist, check with phpmyadmin to see if you have a session table, and if so, what the prefix is. If you don't have a session table you might have additional serious database issues, run optimize and repair a few times on your database. And check the mysql schematic php file from the install/ folder to find the query on how to build the session table for your version of vBulletin.

All the best,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...