X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carly1
    • Sep 2005

Changed Hosting Companies

And now my VB Forum doesn't work.

I fear I may have lost a whole lot. Is there anything I can do to fix this? There's a database error at the moment, I think, because there was no MYSql database set up for the forums. I am drawing a blank at what I need to do.

Thanks
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Whats the database error? When you're reporting problems please try to give us as much information as possible or a link to the problem itself.

Comment

• Carly1
      • Sep 2005

Database errorThe database has encountered a problem.Please try the following:
      • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
      • Open the www.armywivesforums.com home page, then try to open another page.
      • Click the Back button to try another link.
      The www.armywivesforums.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
      We apologise for any inconvenience.
      The general Database error.

I think, since my username changed for my MySQL database, that needs to be directed again to the correct username. Isn't that in the config file that I deleted?

I have backed up on the old server and I'm now restoring on the new one. Do I need to follow upgrade instructions?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL:

SELECT *
        FROM armyw3_datastore
        WHERE title IN ('','options','bitfields','attachmentcache','forumcache','usergroupcache','stylecache','la nguagecache','products','pluginlist','cron','profilefield','userstats','birthdaycache','ma xloggedin','iconcache','eventcache','mailqueue');

MySQL Error : Table 'armyw3_forums.armyw3_datastore' doesn't exist
        Error Number : 1146
        Date : Sunday, July 29th 2007 @ 09:05:13 AM
        Script : http://www.armywivesforums.com/forums/

Make sure that you have updated your config.php file with the correct information for your server and also moved the database as well as the files.

Full server moving instructions can be be found here:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...