• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matkus
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.6.x

deleted myself

Ok, i got some problem.
    I wanted to check how does works on vB usergroups.
    So i ceated one group, added moderator (regular user), asked by admin account to join me into group, accepted with him. So far, so good. Looks nice and easy.
    Then i said "OK, i know everything i need, now i need to kick myself from group" So i clicked "show all secounderary group members" (or how is it named), then next to my nick i seen "delete user" so, sure that it will delete me from group, i clicked it. But it deleted account completely.

Good for my i had 2nd admin account, so i created another account with old nick, added all admin privilages, but now i have some minor problem. There are many post on board writen by guest with nick MatKus.

Is there any way to merge those posts into my account? I tried to change my userid to 1 in database, but that cause more problem, that i was thinking, and it didn't solved problem.
    Last edited by matkus; Fri 20 Jul '07, 1:22pm.
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

Admin CP -> Users -> Merge Users

Comment

• matkus
      • Jan 2004
      • 3.6.x

I can't merge registered user with guest, and all posts from deleted user are shown as guest posts.

Comment

• slappy
        • Apr 2003

If you have a back-up from just before you made the changes and not alot of new posts, you could restore a back-up and fix the problem that way.

Regards,
        Slappy

Comment

• MRGTB
          • May 2005

LOL

How can you delete yourself, did you not setup your config to make user 1 un-deletable

Comment

• slappy
            • Apr 2003

The answer would be a rather self-evident: No. Otherwise he wouldn't have been able to delete the user.

Regards,
            Slappy

Comment

• matkus
              • Jan 2004
              • 3.6.x

OK, Finaly i managed how to do it. If someone in feature will have that problem, heres the solution
              first, I created temp user
              then run query to update userID where userid=0 and username='matkus' (only userid=0 should be enough,beacause guests can't post on my board, but i wanted to be sure)
              then merget matkus_tmp and matkus
              and then made some rebuilds.

Looks like by default in config file userid 1 can be deleted. I've changed it aleady to not do same mistake again in feature

I will not have userid=1 anymore on that board, but it's not so important

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...