X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasonyetter
    • Jun 2007
    • 3.6.x

User can't edit avatar

The user cpanel option -Edit Avatar- returns a message of -You do not have permission-. I want the users to be able to upload a custom avatar. I have read all the other posts and then checked the following:

Admin CP > User registration Options >Default Registration Options > Display Avatars- It is checked.

Admin CP > User registration Options >User Picture Options >Avatars Enabled - Yes.

Admin CP >Usergroups >Usergroup Manager >Edit Usergroup >Picture Uploading Options >Can Upload Custom Avatars- Yes
    Size is 100 x 100 and 51200 max.

What did I forget ? J

Hello Steve, I was hoping you were still online?
    Last edited by jasonyetter; Tue 10 Jul '07, 9:38pm.
  • jasonyetter
    • Jun 2007
    • 3.6.x

Bump. Anybody? Please.

Comment

• peterska2
      • Oct 2003
      • 3.7.x

Have you checked all your usergroups for the permissions to use custom avatars?

Have you tried logging in as that user or as a test user in the same combination of primary and secondary usergroups?

Comment

• jasonyetter
        • Jun 2007
        • 3.6.x

Yes, I have tried all the combinations you suggested. I have emailed you an admin login so you can look around my board. Thanks, Jason.

Comment

• jasonyetter
          • Jun 2007
          • 3.6.x

Final Solution

I hate to read posts that don't end with a solution, so here is the rest of the story. J

Admin CP > User registration Options >Default Registration Options > Display Avatars- It is checked.

Admin CP > User registration Options >User Picture Options >Avatars Enabled - Yes.

Admin CP >Usergroups >Usergroup Manager >Edit Usergroup >Picture Uploading Options >Can Upload Custom Avatars- Yes
          The two things that were missing on my board:

1. UserGroup >Registered Users >UserGroup Options >Allow Users to have member groups
          >Yes- Adds privileges from their secondary group to registered users group..
          >No- Edit Avatar privilege from secondary group disappears in User cPanel

2. UserGroup >General Permissions >Edit own profile >Yes- This switch allows edit of the profile, BUT it also controls the Edit Avatar and Edit Options. This is not documented, which is why I could never find it.

Kerry Ann solved the problem on a support ticket. Thanks. J

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...