X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SliceofLife
    • Jun 2007
    • 3.6.x

Hackers

Hello. I have banned certain ISPs from my forum. I have also set permissions for both guests and users awaiting an email cannot access any part of the forum.

I think I am having a problem with hackers.

They are trying to do things like creating PMs under my name (I'm admin), but they get that yellow i triangle that says 'error message' and a blue dot with ? is now next to every person on the Currently Active Users screen...

Can someone help me? I thought this thing was secure?
  • Adrienne
    • Dec 2006

If you have manual registration that helps to keep them out. Also, keep a record of the IP's of those misbehaving guests and IP ban them as you go.
    Sounds like they are knocking but can't get in!

Comment

• phill2003
      • Apr 2003

They are probably bots and what you are seeing is normal...

Comment

• EvilAkuma
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by SliceofLife
        Hello. I have banned certain ISPs from my forum. I have also set permissions for both guests and users awaiting an email cannot access any part of the forum.

I think I am having a problem with hackers.

They are trying to do things like creating PMs under my name (I'm admin), but they get that yellow i triangle that says 'error message' and a blue dot with ? is now next to every person on the Currently Active Users screen...

Can someone help me? I thought this thing was secure?
        If they're seeing errors, they can't view for the forum. Nothing to be high alert.

I've been there
        Shun Goku Satsu

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...