• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tokenyank
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.7.x

Quick Reply and Quick Edit hanging

Hello,

I've been experiencing random/sporadic/intermittent (insert appropriate word) problem with QR in so much that when it is used, it just sits there saying 'loading' in status bar but nothing happens. To make the post, I have to go into 'Post Reply' proper to make the post. With QE, the problem is in the editing where once you've edited and click save, it just sits there doing nothing forcing me to click on 'advanced edit' to make the necessary changes.

This is no way replicable and seem to only happen when it wants to, not when I'm trying to find the reason for it. And it only seems to happen to a few members not all.

This problem first presented in 3.5.4 and when I recently upgraded to 3.7.1PL, I used fresh files, no plugins, and all reverted templates and it still happens.

Now, I know that this is an AJAX problem since it only happens in the QE/QR windows. However, I do use AJAX for other functions of the board so turning it off isn't an option.

So, I turn to the vB gods to see if you could help shed some light on why this is happening to only a few users and very sporadically (which is why I haven't bothered with a ticket or post previously)?

Thank you in advance.
    ------
    MumsOnline - A parenting site for parents, by parents!
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can try turnning off "Problematic" Ajax instead of all Ajax.

However since it happens to only a few users, it sounds like a connection problem on their end. Make sure they are using up-to-date browsers with all patches. Early versions of Internet Explorer 6 can have problems with AJAX.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• tokenyank
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.7.x

I had an idea that it didn't have anything to do with the 'board', especially after it happened with new core files and no plugins... But, I wanted to check before I reverted to the ol' chestnut "it ain't us, it's you!"!

Thank you for your reply though, much appreciated.
      ------
      MumsOnline - A parenting site for parents, by parents!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...