Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sunnyhot
    • Jun 2007

Backup

Hello, Was wondering if someone can help me. When I backup my forum in Cpanel I click YES to all Database tables to include in backup? I then click the "GO" and save

Will this save everything on my forum including all the messages my members wrote that day etc?.

Also my forum is intergrated with my website so when i save my forum what happens to my website? Is that saved too.

Regards

Hass
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

That will backup the database (which holds all the data - posts, forums, users, settings, etc.) but it does not backup the vB files.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• sunnyhot
      • Jun 2007

hello

When you mean it won't backup files. What do you mean by this? What files?

regards

Sunny

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Your vB and web files of course. That option only backs up the database.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...