Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tannim
    • Mar 2007

Make forums on both?

Forums Index: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/index.php?
    Forums Sub-Index: http://community.codemasters.com/for...play.php?f=336

The above are the same forum. In the settings, I have the option to choose to make a sub forum act as a forum or category. If I choose category, then the index show the forum with category colors, no description, etc. If I make it act like a forum, then it shows correctly on the index.

However, after clicking on the forum. If it is set to act as a category, then when viewing the category, it views nicely. If it had that forum act as a forum, then it has the (threads) section after showing sub forums ...

What I want to do is what Code Master does. Make the forum look like a forum on the index page. And make the forum look like a category when viewing the forum .. aka, no threads section under forum list, etc.

How did they do this? I couldn't find any such setting on the admin panel.
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

Tannim, was this what you wanted to do. I sorta got what you meant, but was not sure if I interprete it correctly.

vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Forum Listings Display Options
    Depth of Forums - Forum Display [2]
    This setting does the same job as the setting above, but this time for forumdisplay.php pages, rather than forum home.
    For example, if this is set to 2 and your forums are arranged like this:

parent
    --child
    ----child's child

And you are currently viewing the "parent" forum then you will see the first two levels of the parent forum's subforums on the forumdisplay page:

--child
    ----child's child
    Click image for larger version

Name:	suforum_cat.gif
Views:	1
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	3669998

Comment

• Tannim
      • Mar 2007

Pretty close. If you look at the second link I posted, it does not show the bottom section "Threads in forum". That is what I am looking to remove

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
        • Feb 2005
        • 1.1.x

They made alot of subforums with this settings set to it. If you have already threads created in under forum, then you need to move them to your selected subforum.

Forums & Moderators > Forum Manager > {choose Forum} Edit Forum > Posting Options >
        Forum is Open [No]
        (Set this to 'No' to prevent any new posts being made in this forum)
        Open for New Posts
        This allows you to create a forum that acts as an archive - no one will be allowed to post to it, but you can still move threads into it.

Comment

• Tannim
          • Mar 2007

Ah perfect Thank you.
          Last edited by Tannim; Wed 20 Jun '07, 12:06pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...