Mass Add Certain Users to Specified Usergroup?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Taipa
    • Oct 2005
    • 3.6.x

Mass Add Certain Users to Specified Usergroup?

I can't find a feature for this, but maybe there's a mysql query I can use to do this?

I have a number of members with expired Paid Subscriptions. I'd like to move all of these "expired" users to a certain usergroup. Ideally, an "additional" usergroup, since I am only offering it once and don't need it to be their primary usergroup, but I'll take anything at this point.

I have a new usergroup set up already, and that usergroup has permissions to access a special discounted-rate subscription (to encourage expired paid subscribers to resubscribe now).
    When their subscriptions expired, they all defaulted back to "Registered", but there are other people in the Registered usergroup who have never had paid accounts, so I cannot just give the subscription permissions to the Registered group.

Is there any way I can mass-select all these "expired" members? It's very tedious to do it one by one.
  • Taipa
    • Oct 2005
    • 3.6.x

Maybe something similar to the following code?

Code:
    UPDATE user
    SET displaygroupid = [COLOR=red]X[/COLOR]
    WHERE FIND_IN_SET([COLOR=red]X[/COLOR], membergroupids)
    I know it selects users in a certain usergroup, and then changes the title display for users in that group.
    Could something like that be done to select members with expired subscriptions, and then put them in an additional usergoup?

I'm just not sure what the variables would have to be.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...