X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Indy
    • Jun 2002
    • 3.6.x

Spammers seem to be bypassing registration

We are starting to have a small problem with spammers. From all appearances the posts that they leave behind seem to be auto generated. A new thread is started and their post is nothing more than several dozen links. The odd part about it is that after they have posted, their post count is always at zero.

I do have Image Verification turned on with all options. Looking them up in AdminCP shows that they are legit, registered users.

I'm running 3.6.4 If it wasn't for the post count being at zero I wouldn't suspect some type of automation going on that is allowing them in somehow.

Please advise.

Thanks!
    Version: vB 3.6.4
    RFC Server: (2) Dual Core Intel 5130 Woodcrest Processor 1333 FSB | 4GB RAM | (2) 146GB 10K RPM SCSI/SAS Hard Drives RAID 1 | PHP 4.4.4 | Apache 1.3.37 | MySQL 4.1.22 | XCache 1.2.0 with Optimizer = Off | APC APC-3.0.12p2 (temporarily disabled)
    Host: ThePlanet
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Upgrade to 3.6.7pl1 for starters, and complexity your image verification step.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...