X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BarryoBrien
    • Jan 2007
    • 3.6.x

upgrading help

ok I want to upgrade to the new version does all the files need to be uploaded? if not which ones? also I cant use the hooks sytem I got a bad programme before messed it all up does the upgrade need this?
    Discussion Forum + Web Developement / Builders + Web Developers earn work here
  • Marco van Herwaarden
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.8.x

Yes to upgrade you will need to upload all files.

To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• BarryoBrien
      • Jan 2007
      • 3.6.x

Thanks, Do I need to replace the files that are already on my server with the new ones they are named the same?

Comment

• Michael Dengler
        • Feb 2004

Which version are you upgrading from?
        Is this your first upgrade?

The files have the same names so when prompted to overwrite files - tick the All box and click Overwrite. Any new files will be simply uploaded.

I downloaded a copy of the current files to my PC before overwriting them. I upgraded from 3.0.3 to 3.6.7 which is a massive upgrade and I had no problems.

Comment

• BarryoBrien
          • Jan 2007
          • 3.6.x

Yes its my first upgrade I am upgrading from 3.6.4 will the upgrade to 3.6.7 p1 work or just up to 3.6.6 then to the newest version?

Comment

• Boxy
            • Oct 2002

The upgrade will work to 3.6.7PL1 as long as you download the 3.6.7PL1 package.

Comment

• Michael Dengler
              • Feb 2004

Sorry, I meant to say the version I upgraded to is 3.6.7PL1. It worked for me so it should work for you. Don't ever be in a hurry to upgrade despite what the staff here say. Wait till the bugs have been sorted out before upgrading otherwise you'll go through a continuous cycle of upgrades and patches.

Once you're happy with the file upload (I upload all the files first in ASCII mode and then go through the folders and re-upload all the image files in Binary mode) proceed to run the upgrade script. To do this, point your web browser at h.ttp://www.example.com/forums/install/upgrade.php, replacing w.ww.example.com/forums with the correct URL to your own vBulletin installation.

A window appears where you enter your customer number. When you have entered your customer number, hit the [Enter Upgrade System] button and you should be taken to the first step of the upgrade script. Good Luck.

Comment

• BarryoBrien
                • Jan 2007
                • 3.6.x

OK thanks I dont seem to be able to get the download it keeps failing half way through.

Comment

• Michael Dengler
                  • Feb 2004

That's odd. The file is called vbulletin_3-6-7_PL1_L354389b.zip and is 2.67 MB which isn't very big and should download in a few seconds.

Comment

• Boxy
                    • Oct 2002

Disable and anti-virus or firewall protection you have as this can sometimes cause problems with downloads.

Comment