Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael Dengler
    • Feb 2004

Quick Edit and Quick Reply not working

Hi, I recently upgraded from 3.0.3 to 3.6.7 and Quick Edit and Quick Reply are not working.

Could someone tell me which templates are required so I can check if they are present and which settings in Admin CP/vBulletin Options need to be enabled?
    Last edited by Michael Dengler; Wed 30 May '07, 2:10am.
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

All templates need to be reverted as they have all changed significantly since 3.0.3

Comment

• Michael Dengler
      • Feb 2004

I reverted all templates. In the vBulletin 3.6.7 Debug Information the showthread_quickreply entry is red. In the list of messages I found: Uncached template: showthread_quickreply.

showthread_quickreply is not present in the MASTER STYLE template list.

Comment

• Assim
        • Oct 2006
        • 3.8.x

I had the same problem, it didn't work with IE 6, what browser are you using?

Comment

• Michael Dengler
          • Feb 2004

Not a browser issue with Quick Reply. Problem exists for both IE6 and Firefox. I just fixed the Quick Reply problem by importing the vbulletin-style.xml again. Now Quick Reply works. Obviously, the template wasn't imported during the upgrade.

The import function can be accessed via admin cp -- Styles & Templates -- Download / Upload Styles -- click Import button. In my case, I imported vbulletin-style.xml from my server.

Quick Edit is still not working.

Comment

• Assim
            • Oct 2006
            • 3.8.x

Now that Quick Reply is working, have you tried Quick Edit with another browser, well it worked with me.

Comment

• Michael Dengler
              • Feb 2004

I don't think it's browser related because I can use Quick Edit on this site.

I also tried this suggestion without success:
              Originally posted by Steve M
              This is almost certainly a problem with a customized template. Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.
              Last edited by Michael Dengler; Wed 30 May '07, 4:13am.

Comment

• lokirj
                • Apr 2004

Same problem!
                Quick reply is freezing sometimes and fast edit too.

Quick Reply

Fast Edit

Comment

• peterska2
                  • Oct 2003
                  • 3.7.x

If this is still happening with the default style and all templates reverted, and you have reuploaded all vBulletin files except install.php please submit a support ticket, including your AdminCP login details in the sensitive information field, then we can look into this further for you.

Comment

• Michael Dengler
                    • Feb 2004

I used Instant Source to compare files, scripts and style sheets being called when a thread is loaded on vbulletin.com and my site (world-a-team.com). Why is showthread.php called twice on my site? Is this the cause of the problem? I can post the file contents Instant Source sees if it would help. The file contents appear to be different.

Files called:
                    vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231577

Scripts called:
                    vbulletin.com/forum/clientscript/vbulletin_ajax_threadrate.js?v=367b
                    vbulletin.com/forum/clientscript/vbulletin_quick_reply.js?v=367b
                    vbulletin.com/forum/clientscript/vbulletin_quick_edit.js?v=367b
                    vbulletin.com/forum/clientscript/vbulletin_ajax_reputation.js?v=367b
                    vbulletin.com/forum/clientscript/vbulletin_post_loader.js?v=367b
                    vbulletin.com/forum/clientscript/vbulletin_global.js?v=367b
                    vbulletin.com/forum/clientscript/vbulletin_textedit.js?v=367b
                    vbulletin.com/forum/clientscript/vbulletin_multi_quote.js?v=367b
                    vbulletin.com/forum/clientscript/vbulletin_menu.js?v=367b

Style Sheets called:
                    vbulletin.com/forum/clientscript/vbulletin_editor.css
                    vbulletin.com/forum/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style-dec66ae1-00001.css
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Files called:
                    world-a-team.com/showthread.php?t=9166
                    world-a-team.com/showthread.php?t=9166

Scripts called:
                    world-a-team.com/clientscript/vbulletin_ajax_threadrate.js?v=367
                    world-a-team.com/clientscript/vbulletin_quick_reply.js?v=367
                    world-a-team.com/clientscript/vbulletin_quick_edit.js?v=367
                    world-a-team.com/clientscript/vbulletin_post_loader.js?v=367
                    world-a-team.com/clientscript/vbulletin_global.js?v=367
                    world-a-team.com/clientscript/vbulletin_textedit.js?v=367
                    world-a-team.com/clientscript/vbulletin_multi_quote.js?v=367
                    world-a-team.com/clientscript/vbulletin_inlinemod.js?v=367
                    world-a-team.com/clientscript/vbulletin_menu.js?v=367

Style Sheets called:
                    world-a-team.com/clientscript/vbulletin_editor.css

Comment

• lokirj
                      • Apr 2004

Anyone fixed ?

Comment

• peterska2
                        • Oct 2003
                        • 3.7.x

First, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Now check again.

Do you still have the same problem?

Comment

• Michael Dengler
                          • Feb 2004

Suspect File Versions is a great tool and shows me all the extra files I have on my server related to past hacks and add-ons. I was about to remove them all but I had a guy from vB.org look at the problem before I did that. He quickly discovered that I had Disabled the AJAX features in the General Settings section of vBulletin Options in the admin cp.

I'm not sure if the AJAX features was set to Enable All AJAX Features after the upgrade. Presumably it was. If it was I disabled it thinking that was the cause of the problem. Perhaps I had a cache problem first and disabled the AJAX features before clearing the cache. One of our members told me Quick Edit was working for them a couple of days ago and then suddenly wasn't working. That's probably when I disabled the AJAX features.

Thanks for your help, Kerry-Anne. I'm happy that QE is working on my site again.

Comment

• lokirj
                            • Apr 2004

My problem continues after having done everything.
                            I never had problem with VB.
                            I have a big brazilian forum without any modification installed and is the first time that I am having problems.

Comment

• Michael Dengler
                              • Feb 2004

Follow this link to lodge a support ticket if you are licensed customer. You will need your customer number and password to access this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...