X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amenadiel
    • Sep 2006
    • 3.6.x

Table vb_session full?

I'm experiencing this weird problem since last week. It never happened before and there doesn't seem to be information on this on the net. As a matter of fact, if you search in google for 'vbulletin vb_session full', my forum is in first place

It happens that every once in a while the forum displays this error:

Database error in vBulletin 3.6.5:

Invalid SQL:

INSERT IGNORE INTO vb_session
    (sessionhash, userid, host, idhash, lastactivity, location, styleid, languageid, loggedin, inforum, inthread, incalendar, badlocation, useragent, bypass, profileupdate)
    VALUES
    (**********);

MySQL Error : The table 'vb_session' is full
    Error Number : 1114
    Date : Saturday, May 19th 2007 @ 02:51:27 PM
    Script : http://www.chilehardware.com/foro/
    Referrer : http://www.chilehardware.com/
    IP Address : x.x.x.x
    Username : *****
    Classname : vB_Database
    Currently I'm running vb 3.6.5 with joomla + bbpixel connector. This configuration has been runing for two months without any problems.

This particular issue gets solved if I empty the table vb_session, but it's not natural that it fills, isn't it?
  • Reeve of Shinra
    • Sep 2001

I had that issue once myself and I forgot hwo I fixed it.... *scratches head*

Check to see if persistent connections is on -- and turn it off it it is.

Also check and make sure your vbcron jobs are running. There is a cron I believe to empty the sessions table or delete unused sessions.

Lastly if its not any of those, then it may be an issue with the joomla bridge but I think others would have ran into that by now.
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Run this query:

DELETE FROM vb_session;

Then revert your footer template. You made a change somewhere that stopped the Scheduled Tasks from running and clearing out this table on a regular basis.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• fastforward
        • Nov 2000

This means your session table has filled up to the maximum size set in the max_heap_table_size MySQL server parameter.

Likely culprits are:
        1. Your $cronimage template variable is missing from your footer template. The cron will periodically empty stale sessions. (in this case, revert your footer template)
        2. You have a very busy board with thousands of members online. (in this case, increase the max_heap_table_size parm.)
        3. Your cookie timeout set to a very high number. (in this case, reduce the cookie timeout or increase the max_heap_table_size parm)

--EDIT--
        Looks like I took too long to write this post. Steve posted in the meantime.
        We could do with a little ajax thingy that pops up like gmail telling us someone else has posted.
        http://britishexpats.com/ - British expatriate community

Comment

• Heavier
          • Dec 2006

I ran into this same issue when my server was out of synch by sixteen hours. I fixed the server time and three hours later (I think...) the forum crashed. Luckily google had this page for "The table 'vb_session' is full".

Comment

• m1ck3y
            • Mar 2011
            • 4.0.x

Hey I'm having this same problem. That SQL command works perfectly but I need a more permanent solution. I reverted my footer template but it's still filling up. I'm using a purchased theme and it would be great if I could set it up somehow so that vb_session never filled up.

Any ideas?

Comment

• AbdelrahmanSalem
              • Jun 2011
              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by m1ck3y
              Hey I'm having this same problem. That SQL command works perfectly but I need a more permanent solution. I reverted my footer template but it's still filling up. I'm using a purchased theme and it would be great if I could set it up somehow so that vb_session never filled up.

Any ideas?

you have to change the table engine to innodb instead of memory and reduce the session timeout ,
              Software Engineer .
              Just remember : what happens in Localhost stays @localhost

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...