X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EWGF
    • May 2007
    • 3.8.x

"Edited by..." note is always showing

The "Edited by..." note is always showing, even with administrators. I've put "Show edited by note on edited messages?" on "No" in the usergroup editor, but it doesn't work
  • AAPhox2
    • Oct 2006

Have you checked this setting?

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting and Editing Options

Time to Wait Before Starting to Display 'Edited by...'
    Time limit (in minutes) to allow user to edit the post without the [Edited by xxx] message appearing at the bottom of the edited post.

Comment

• EWGF
      • May 2007
      • 3.8.x

Jup, set on 60. But I thought that had no influence, since the "Show edited by note on edited messages?" option gave the impression this whole feature could be turned off..

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

This is not retroactive to existing notes.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Flow Fusion
          • Mar 2004
          • 3.6.x

Cool.
          http://giftedsouls.net
          Webdesigner

Comment

• Topmedic
            • May 2006
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by EWGF
            The "Edited by..." note is always showing, even with administrators. I've put "Show edited by note on edited messages?" on "No" in the usergroup editor, but it doesn't work
            Also having this issue. I noticed it since I upgraded to 3.6.7. I made sure the Usergroup setting for Adminitrators is set to NO for "edited by..." to appear and all the secondary usergroups where I am member is set to NO as well.

I understand this is not retroactive but I tested on a few posts after I checked the usergroups but it is still showing "Edited by...." What strange is this did not happen in 3.6.5 and I have not edited any files or templates.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

I cannot duplicate that problem. It works exactly like it should on my 3.6.7PL1 test forum.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Topmedic
                • May 2006
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                I cannot duplicate that problem. It works exactly like it should on my 3.6.7PL1 test forum.
                Thanks Steve. Still happening and I have double-checked everything. Anyway, I don't know if this is pure coincidence but I guess it started happening when I created a new usergroup. I deleted that usergroup, re-created it and "edited by..." is still there whenever I edit a post.

Just so I did not misunderstand anything. When "Edited by..." is disabled for Administrator, it should not appear for every post I edit right? Not only my own posts but other users as well?

I just upped the limit in Vboptions to 60 minutes for now. I just wish it won't appear when I edit a post for something simple like a user making a simple "quoting" mistake.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

If one group you are in has this set to 'Yes', then it will appear. This is not retoractive and does not affect previous posts.

The only other cause of this problem would be from a add-on or modification.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Topmedic
                    • May 2006
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    If one group you are in has this set to 'Yes', then it will appear. This is not retoractive and does not affect previous posts.

The only other cause of this problem would be from a add-on or modification.
                    Really strange since I didn't add any mods lately and this was working fine before the upgrade. Anyway, I'll look around some more and open a support ticket if necessary.

Comment

• Tom1234
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 3.6.x

There is a bug here in 3.6.7. If an admin that has "Show edited by note on edited messages?" set to "No" edits a post after the member already edited their own post, the admin's user name is disaplyed on the post as the last one that edited it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...