Change column ordering for thread listings?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SirPsychoSexy
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

Change column ordering for thread listings?

I found the following guide which shows how to re-order the post, threads and last post columns on the index of the forum.

This worked fine but I also want to re-order the same columns when viewing threads inside forums and sub forums.

Could someone point me to the template sections I have to edit in order to achieve this? Thanks for your time.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The templates you would have to edit include FORUMDISPLAY and threadbit.

In FORUMDISPLAY, you're going to change the following code:
    HTML Code:
    <if condition="$show['search_engine']">
     <if condition="$show['threadicons']">
      <td class="thead" colspan="2">&nbsp;</td>
     <else />
      <td class="thead">&nbsp;</td>
     </if> 
     <td class="thead" width="100%">
      <if condition="$show['threadratings']"><span style="float:$stylevar[right]">$vbphrase[rating]</span></if>
      $vbphrase[thread] / $vbphrase[thread_starter]
     </td>
     <td class="thead" width="150" align="center" nowrap="nowrap"><span style="white-space:nowrap">$vbphrase[last_post]</span></td>
     <td class="thead" align="center" nowrap="nowrap"><span style="white-space:nowrap">$vbphrase[replies]</span></td>
     <td class="thead" align="center" nowrap="nowrap"><span style="white-space:nowrap">$vbphrase[views]</span></td>
    <else />
    <tr>
     <if condition="$show['threadicons']">
      <td class="thead" colspan="2">&nbsp;</td>
     <else />
      <td class="thead">&nbsp;</td>
     </if> 
     <td class="thead" width="100%">
      <if condition="$show['threadratings']"><span style="float:$stylevar[right]"><a href="$sorturl&amp;order=desc&amp;sort=voteavg" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[rating]</a> $sortarrow[voteavg]</span></if>
      <a href="$sorturl&amp;order=asc&amp;sort=title" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[thread]</a> $sortarrow[title] /
      <a href="$sorturl&amp;order=asc&amp;sort=postusername" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[thread_starter]</a> $sortarrow[postusername]
     </td>
     <td class="thead" width="150" align="center" nowrap="nowrap"><span style="white-space:nowrap"><a href="$sorturl&amp;order=desc&amp;sort=lastpost" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[last_post]</a> $sortarrow[lastpost]</span></td>
     <td class="thead" align="center" nowrap="nowrap"><span style="white-space:nowrap"><a href="$sorturl&amp;order=desc&amp;sort=replycount" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[replies]</a> $sortarrow[replycount]</span></td>
     <td class="thead" align="center" nowrap="nowrap"><span style="white-space:nowrap"><a href="$sorturl&amp;order=desc&amp;sort=views" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[views]</a> $sortarrow[views]</span></td>

<if condition="$show['inlinemod']">
      <if condition="$show['popups']">
       <td class="vbmenu_control" id="imod" align="center" title="$vbphrase[moderation]"> <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register('imod'); </script> </td>
      <else />
       <td class="thead" align="center">
        <input type="checkbox" name="allbox" id="checkall_all" title="$vbphrase[check_uncheck_all]" onclick="inlineMod.check_all()" />
       </td>
      </if>
     </if>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </if>
    In threadbits, the entire template is a single thread listing.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• SirPsychoSexy
      • Mar 2007
      • 3.6.x

Thanks.

I've tried modifying the relevant segments of code but I just can't get manage to do it. I'm relatively new to coding as you can probably tell.

Would you mind telling me the exact segments of code which I should edit?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...