Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteveRobWhatever
    • Mar 2006

Disable HTML formating when you copy and paste

How can I disable HTML formatting when I am copying and pasting something off a website? On our site we sometimes post news with links and add a blurb to it but when we try it's adding all the formatting of the website like this:

Incensed that his team did not acquire wide receiver Randy Moss as he wanted, Brett Favre asked Green Bay to trade him, several Packers and league sources have told FOXSports.com.
    BlogJam ...
    Several Packers and league sources have told FOXSports.com that Brett Favre has requested a trade. Is Favre right to make such a request? Weigh in with your thoughts.

More:
    Packers boards: Rant here
    Packers draft board | More

Just two or three days after last month's NFL Draft, Favre's agent Bus Cook phoned Green Bay's general manager Ted Thompson and asked that his client be traded, the sources said. In the conversation, Cook railed off on how his client was fed up with the organization and wanted out.
    The trade request was relayed to head coach Mike McCarthy, who immediately phoned the Super Bowl-winning quarterback. However, the quarterback ignored all his calls for a week, letting the request fester and perhaps showing the team how upset he was this time.
    Finally, in the middle of this past week, the two connected. Sources close to the situation said Favre asked McCarthy if he was aware that Cook asked for a trade but McCarthy immediately insisted that would not happen.
    Following the conversation, McCarthy told others inside the organization that the talk appeared to have cooled Favre's anger and that Favre, by the end of the discussion, admitted he didn't want to go elsewhere.
    All I want is the text portion. Can anyone help?
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

No, you can't. It will strip out the html as much as possible, and parse any smilies if it runs into them, etc. But if you want html to be text, I recommend to paste it into notepad first, and then copy notepad into vbulletin.

Comment

• SteveRobWhatever
      • Mar 2006

I found how to do it actually....this is what I did:

Went to ACP/vBulletin Options/Message Posting Interface Options/

And I changed all the settings for Enable Clickable Message Formatting Controls to standard controls.

That did the trick.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...