X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BarryoBrien
    • Jan 2007
    • 3.6.x

Stop users from sticking their threads

Does anyone know how to stop users from sticking there threads I want moderators to be able to and admins but not registered users help need please help
    Discussion Forum + Web Developement / Builders + Web Developers earn work here
  • Rick Grunwald
    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BarryoBrien
    Does anyone know how to stop users from sticking there threads I want moderators to be able to and admins but not registered users help need please help
    I've seen that one before! SO I smugly went into my ADMINCP to find it for you ... and I can't find it either ( )
    Rick Grunwald
    http://grunwalds.com
    XP home SP2, Celeron 2gb, 2GB RAM, Zone Alarm Security Suite

Comment

• cjshirlaw
      • May 2007
      • 3.5.x

I think it is this. Vbulletin options>Forum listings display options>Show moderator column>set to no

Comment

• poolking
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by cjshirlaw
        I think it is this. Vbulletin options>Forum listings display options>Show moderator column>set to no
        No, all that option does is shows who moderates a forum, nothing to do with sticking threads. Have a look in the usergroup permissions.

Comment

• Rick Grunwald
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by poolking
          Have a look in the usergroup permissions.
          I looked and can find nothing about sticky threads. Would you mind pointing out exactly where that is?
          Thanks
          Rick Grunwald

Comment

• poolking
            • Aug 2002

Just had a look at 3.6.5 admin cp and I cannot see anything so there wouldn't be a way for users to stick their own threads as the original poster has stated.

Unless there is a mod out there that does give normal users the permission to stick threads.

Comment

• bmc
              • Apr 2005

Registered users don't have the ability to stick/unstick threads, as that's a moderator permission. Unless of course they had moderator permissions, they couldn't do it.
              The Relationship Forum
              The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

• Rick Grunwald
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by bmc
                Registered users don't have the ability to stick/unstick threads, as that's a moderator permission. Unless of course they had moderator permissions, they couldn't do it.
                I log in as a registered user and make a new thread and it is not there. Log in as admin and it is.

But where is it controlled - per user group? It isn't in the usergroup settings that I can find nor under forum permissions [edit forum]
                Rick Grunwald

Comment

• poolking
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Rick Grunwald
                  I log in as a registered user and make a new thread and it is not there. Log in as admin and it is.

But where is it controlled - per user group? It isn't in the usergroup settings that I can find nor under forum permissions [edit forum]
                  You have moderate threads enabled by default, they won't appear until you approve them as an admin.

Comment

• Rick Grunwald
                    • Feb 2005

You have moderate threads enabled by default, they won't appear until you approve them as an admin.
                    I can't see it as admin. If you want to check out as an "approved" user use the name & password of "test"

Thanks
                    Rick Grunwald

Comment

• poolking
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Rick Grunwald
                      I can't see it as admin. If you want to check out as an "approved" user use the name & password of "test"

Thanks
                      You said you could see the thread as an admin?

Comment

• Rick Grunwald
                        • Feb 2005

We are talking about making threads sticky. When I create a thread I can see that function as admin but not as a registered user (test/test on my site)
                        We are trying to determine where that is controlled, if I want to (say) let regular users make their threads sticky.

I don't really want to do that but the original question by BarryoBrien was "Does anyone know how to stop users from sticking there threads I want moderators to be able to and admins but not registered users help need please help"

And the question remains: "Where do you turn on or shut off the ability to make threads sticky?" I can't find it either per forum or per user group
                        Rick Grunwald

Comment

• poolking
                          • Aug 2002

Regular users cannot stick threads, only admins or mods.

Comment

• Rick Grunwald
                            • Feb 2005

Ok - Thanks
                            Rick Grunwald

Comment

• bmc
                              • Apr 2005

Regular users cannot stick threads, only admins or mods.
                              I said that above, but apparently, it was ignored.
                              The Relationship Forum
                              The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...