X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sneezyyzeens
    • May 2007
    • 5.0.X

giving moderator permissions to a group

I love the cascading permissions for normal users.

However, I can't seem to figure out a way to set permission for moderation without having to do it to each and every individual person. I am at a loss as to why administrative permissions aren't group inheritable like the normal users? Or am I missing something?

If it helps to illustrate my frustration, I am in the middle of converting a phpBB based forum. Using phpBB I could set a group to moderate a specific forum.

As far as I can tell, there are two ways to make forum moderators:

Forum Manager --> (select forum) Edit Moderator --> (add user) (if I could add a group here, I'd be happy)

OR

step1
    Usergroup Manager --> (select usergroup) Edit Usergroup --> Can Moderate All Forums

step2
    Show All Moderators --> (select user) Edit Permissions

actually now that I've written that out, the second option really doesn't work either because I'm setting permissions for ALL forums instead of just the specific forum I want that group to have moderation privileges.

Am I missing something? I've been pulling my hair out for several hours and the thought of having to manually add individual moderators for the size of my forum (we are quickly approaching 100K posts, 1.2K users with about 20 different subgroups with varying permissions on their subforums) is honestly making me rethink migrating
    The Twisting Nether Gazette
    A Roleplay Community for the WoW Server Twisting Nether.
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

This will require modification to your site.

For modification support, advice and assistance, please visit vBulletin.org.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...