Wrong language in E-mail notifications?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tomzl
    • Nov 2005

Wrong language in E-mail notifications?!

I use one more language beside English on my forum but it has never caused any problems. Recently I started receiving E-mail notifications about new private messages in English eventhough English is not selected as the language. I checked the translation to see if it was still there and there was no change. The text on the forum is in the right language but the E-mails are sent in English which is strange.

I did switch to English and back in my user profile but that has never caused any problems before. The other thing I did was update the reputation counter but I don't know how that could affect the language in the E-mails.

Why is my forum sending me English notifications and showing me a different language on the forum?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Not sure I understand what you mean. The emails will be sent according to your language setting in the User CP.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Tomzl
      • Nov 2005

The default language settings were not English and the settings in my CP were also not English. Everything on the forum was in another language but the e-mails came in English.

I solved the problem by going to CP and choosing English and then back to my other language. After that it started working but it is still strange that I had to do this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...