X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mungky
    • Aug 2004
    • 3.6.x

Editing "Styles & Templates" does not work

I installed 3.6.5 yesterday. Everything works fine except that when I edit the "Styles & Templates" pages that allow me to modify styles and hit "save," all I get is a blank frame. Reloading does not bring the page back up; I can only do that by again clicking on the link in the left-hand column, and the changes are never saved.

I have done a search to see if others have had this problem, and others who have had it have been sent to a thread about modifying the .htacess file and putting it in the forum folder. I have done this, and it has not worked. I have also posted follow-ups in those threads but was told to start a new thread.

Any advice would be appreciated. Everything else in the Admin CP seems to be working fine; I can edit templates directly, modify usergroups, etc. It is only the Styles & Templates section—specifically, the pages that allow me to modify colors and font sizes, etc.—that has this problem.
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

Please enable public phpinfo by going to

vBulletin Options > Server Settings & Optimization Options > Public phpinfo() Display Enabled

When you have done this, please post the link to your forum provided that it is not an adult or otherwise unsuitable site for the link to be posted publicly.

Comment

• Mungky
      • Aug 2004
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne
      Please enable public phpinfo by going to

vBulletin Options > Server Settings & Optimization Options > Public phpinfo() Display Enabled

When you have done this, please post the link to your forum provided that it is not an adult or otherwise unsuitable site for the link to be posted publicly.
      Thanks for the reply.

I've changed the setting; our site is not X-rated, but it is private; could I PM you the link?

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

Sure, thats not a problem.

Comment

• Mungky
          • Aug 2004
          • 3.6.x

Thank you! PM on the way...

Comment

• peterska2
            • Oct 2003
            • 3.7.x

Thanks,

This is a problem with your server, in particular the Suhosin module they have added to PHP. Editing vB templates requires sending through more around 275 input fields, which goes over what his Suhosin is configured to allow: 200.

If your host is not willing to do anything to fix this, then you MAY be able to override their limits by creating an .htaccess file with the following lines and placing it in your main forum directory:

php_value suhosin.request.max_vars 1024
            php_value suhosin.post.max_vars 1024

Note: This will only work if your host has not blocked you from doing this.

If you are blocked from doing this by your host, then you will need to contact them for a resolution.

Comment

• Mungky
              • Aug 2004
              • 3.6.x

The .htaccess suggestion worked like a charm. Thank you so much for your help; it was driving me crazy, and I never would have figured that out on my own. Thank you!

Comment

• seangworld
                • Jan 2002
                • 3.7.x

ya thanks, this worked for me too. whew!
                sigpic

Comment

• plubius
                  • Dec 2004
                  • 3.8.x

Worked for me as well. Thanks, Kerry Anne, you rawk!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...