Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KimmiKat
    • Jul 2003

Admin areas showing up in the Archive

I'm helping a friend with her vB and although the admin sub-boards are showing up in the archives, even to persons not signed in. Is there some settings somewhere to fix that? I did a search here but couldn't find anything.

Thanks.
    Kim
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Its because you're logged in as an administrator. The archive works off of the same permissions as the forums.

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

We can not provide you with support for a friend. She has to start her own support thread / ticket.

Comment

• KimmiKat
        • Jul 2003

What happened was Google was picking up the threads in those areas. You could view them in guest mode, although when you clicked on the "Full Version" link, you got the standard error message.

Originally posted by Zachery
        Its because you're logged in as an administrator. The archive works off of the same permissions as the forums.
        Well... My friend just purchased the board for her website a couple of weeks ago on my recommendation and had me install it so she didn't have to deal with the technical details. She wouldn't know what to say in a ticket or thread.

Originally posted by Floris
        We can not provide you with support for a friend. She has to start her own support thread / ticket.
        Kim

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

I understand, but we still can't provide you with support as we can't verify she actually has a site. Next time please ask her to post the ticket or thread

Comment

• KimmiKat
            • Jul 2003

I'll let her know.

Edit: I figured it out with help from a PM. It was a plug-in hosing a setting.

I understand, but we still can't provide you with support as we can't verify she actually has a site. Next time please ask her to post the ticket or thread
            Last edited by KimmiKat; Wed 18 Apr '07, 7:59pm. Reason: Figured it out.
            Kim

Comment

• feldon23
              • Nov 2001
              • 3.7.x

Can't she add his e-mail address as someone who has permission to request support for that license?

Comment

• KimmiKat
                • Jul 2003

I wonder if that's possible since I have my own license...

Originally posted by feldon23
                Can't she add his e-mail address as someone who has permission to request support for that license?
                Kim

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

In the future please have her fill out a support ticket.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• KimmiKat
                    • Jul 2003

I'll let her know she needs to lodge the tickets her self and make sure she shows as licensed on this mboard.

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    In the future please have her fill out a support ticket.
                    Last edited by KimmiKat; Thu 19 Apr '07, 3:48pm.
                    Kim

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...