• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kanustep
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.7.x

Hide usernames for a group only in a forum

Hello,

We are doing a contest on our forum and we have invite some outsiders to take part of jury.
    The contestants will make a new topic in a special forum that only gives permission to people to edit their entrance.

Now to make all entries anonymous I need to hide the username and put maybe the ID of the user. This need to be only for a usergroup and for a only a forum.

Is this possible?

Thank you in advance.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This can be done with template conditionals. Here is the online documentation for using template conditionals:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Kanustep
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.7.x

Thank you Steve, only one question that I can't find. How to hide users or only show ID's?

Is something like this?

PHP Code:
      <if condition="$bbuserinfo['userid'] == 3,5,0,1">

$post[userid]

<else />

$post[musername
      </if> 

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

I'm afraid it's not going to be that easy. There are many referecnes to userids in the postbit templates. In addition you would want to disable their sigs and all other info that can identify the user. Now that I've taken a closer look at the postbit template it looks to me like this will be a major editing job. I don't have any quick solution for you.

One other way to do this would be to create a special style with a modified postbit in which all the user info is stripped out, then set that forum to use that style and override the members' style choices. That may be easier than using conditionals.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• AndMcgr
          • Mar 2007

You could try running a more simple contest.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...