Is this where I get help from admins or other vB people?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steveu
    • Oct 2003

Is this where I get help from admins or other vB people?

If I'm trying to figure out how to do something, and can't, do I post it here? I did so last night and only got a response from another user that didn't really resolve it. Do I need to post elsewhere or do something else? Thanks
  • gobbly2100
    • Jun 2006
    • 3.6.x

Generaly this part of the forum is for help with general VB stuff but not mods.
    PC Repair Poole - Web Directory - Diabetes Forum

Comment

• steveu
      • Oct 2003

Well, this is the question I had:
      ===
      I've been looking at permissions, etc., on my forum

... and am trying to figure out how to create a moderator group for just one of many forums on my board.

I want this group to have "moderator" status for that forum, but just "registered user" status on the rest of the forums.

Do I have to manually edit their permissions on each forum, or can I set them up like registered users, but just edit permissions for that forum.

Or am I better off just naming them moderators, but editing down their permissions?

Please advise. Thanks. (not sure how many I'll have ... probably between 5 and 15 of these people; all of them are already existing "registered users.")
      ===

Where do I post it, then?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

There is no option to have a Usergroup with Moderator status over a foirum. You need to assign individual Forum Moderators.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Joseph
          • May 2003

What I would do is create a new permission group that inherits from the registered users group, and go to the forum that you want to use then give them the proper permissions that you want them to have as far as moderator goes for that forum.

To create new permission group
          vbulletin->admincp->Usergroups->Usergroup Manager
          click 'Add New Usergroup' and then just inherit from the 'Registered Users'

to edit the forum permission, go to
          vbulletin->admincp->Forum Manager->Forum Permissions
          Select the forum you wish for them to have moderator status for and edit the permissions in that forum.
          Last edited by Joseph; Wed 11 Apr '07, 9:29am. Reason: Steve beat me to posting

Comment

• steveu
            • Oct 2003

Thanks, Steve ...

One more question - If I make an assignment, and I want that individual to only be a moderator for that forum, do I want to keep him as a "registered user" on the Add New Moderator page in response to "Change Moderator's Primary Usergroup to" ... or do I change it to moderator?

Or, if I want that person to have the title "Playground Monitor" (which I do, in fact), can I create that group with the same permissions as "registered user," then assign them mod for the particular forum?

Joseph, thanks for your recommendation, but in "forum permissions," I can't edit their moderating powers ...

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

It's up to you but I add all Mods to the Moderator usergroup.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• steveu
                • Oct 2003

Sorry to bother you again, Steve, but my question is ... if I add him to the moderator user group, that doesn't mean he'll have mod powers on any of my forums, right? Still just the one that I'm specifying?

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Nope, unless you've given the default moderator group smod permissions they wont/

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...