Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidallsop
    • Oct 2005

powered by Vbulletin in browser title bar

This seems to have disappeared, have I done this some how by messing around with the default style or is this no longer a requirement? If not how can I get it back?
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

You perhaps removed it, this is ok. It is permitted to remove the powered by vbulletin from the browser's title.

As long as it is in the footer of the pages.

Comment

• LB2.0
      • Aug 2006

I have the same problem and would also like to know how to get it back. It just disappeared one day. Not sure if it coincided with an update but I noticed recently that it's just gone.

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Find the phrase in the phrase manager and restore it to it's original.

Comment

• rnmcd
          • Aug 2004
          • 3.5.x

I would like to remove "Powered by vBulletin" from the browser title bar.

Is it possible to remove or change it via the admincp?

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

You are permitted to remove it from the title bar, but not from the footer template. Search for the powered_by phrase, which should be something like {1} - Powered by vBulletin

Just make it say {1} and save

Comment

• rnmcd
              • Aug 2004
              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Floris
              You are permitted to remove it from the title bar, but not from the footer template. Search for the powered_by phrase, which should be something like {1} - Powered by vBulletin

Just make it say {1} and save
              Phrasing is new to me, so how do you know that by removing "- Powered by vBulletin" after the {1} won't affect the other places on the site that have the text "- Powered by vBulletin" displaying?

Thanks.

Comment

• peterska2
                • Oct 2003
                • 3.7.x

This particular phrase is only used in the title bar and therefore editing will only affect the text displayed there.

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

Originally posted by rnmcd
                  Phrasing is new to me, so how do you know that by removing "- Powered by vBulletin" after the {1} won't affect the other places on the site that have the text "- Powered by vBulletin" displaying?

Thanks.
                  Login to the admin control panel
                  > find the box : languages & phrases
                  >> in the search box enter x_powered_by , and select search in 'phrase variable name only'
                  >>> from the results select the x_powered_by original phrase by clicking on the edit button on the right of it.
                  >>>> copy the text in the english us language, so it appears in the textarea box on the right of the copy button.
                  >>>>>> change the content so you 're left with {1} and save the changes

http://www.vBulletin-Tutorials.com/m...powered_by.mov (quicktime .mov video of 3,3mb)

Comment

• rnmcd
                    • Aug 2004
                    • 3.5.x

I updated my Quicktime Player but I wasn't able to play the above .mov

Were other people able to open it?

Comment

• peterska2
                      • Oct 2003
                      • 3.7.x

Try downloading it then opening it or importing it to itunes when it is downloaded.

Comment

• Floris
                        • Dec 2001

I've loaded it on WinXP system and played just fine. Can't reproduce it. Sorry.
                        The included instructions I've written out can be followed as alternative.

Here's a low resolution flash alternative : http://www.virb.com/vbulletin/videos/14084
                        Last edited by Floris; Tue 5 Jun '07, 12:29am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...