So one of my admin accidently deleted a few members...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MGM
    • Aug 2002
    • 3.6.x

So one of my admin accidently deleted a few members...

Now all of their posts are marked as guest posts and their accounts have lost everything. I don't really care about lost PM's, rep comments, etc. But I was wondering if there was a way to merge those posts back into their accounts...

The guest posts still have their names there, they just aren't pointing to the person's account. Each of these deleted members has thousands of posts so it would take a lot of my time to merge each individual post. Is there any quick way I can do this?

MGM out
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

The accounts are gone. What you would need to do is registered new account for these users, then you can run this query to assign those posts back to their appropriate users:

UPDATE post SET userid='xxx' WHERE username='User Name';

...with 'xxx' being the new userid nu,ber for the member in question and 'User Name' being the username on the old posts.

Repeat that for every user, then rebuild the thread and forum counters in that order:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• MGM
      • Aug 2002
      • 3.6.x

Perfect, I'll try this tonight. The members in question have already re-registered and we set their post counts manually to be whatever they were beforehand. Should I reset this to 0?

EDIT: Seems to have worked, thanks a lot Steve

MGM out
      Last edited by MGM; Sat 7 Apr '07, 7:46pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...