X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Noonster
    • Jun 2005
    • 3.5.x

DST Time Error

Everytime members log into my forum ( www.corsa-c.co.uk ) they are getting the following error message

Can someone please tell me how to prevent this as I have lots and lots of users who can not get on the forum and need to sort it asap.

Thanks
    Darren
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

First, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will forceit to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

The same happens here on vBulletin.com when I go to there directly.

Why are your users going directly to that link? They can change their timesettings from the usercp options. I don't see a reason to go to the url directly.

Comment

• zCarot [RU]
        • Oct 2006
        • 3.7.x

Find in footer template of your portal (if it use own footer either use forum footer)
        Code:
        <form action="profile.php?do=dst" method="post" name="dstform">
        and replace to
        Code:
        <form action="$vboptions[bburl]/profile.php?do=dst" method="post" name="dstform">
        p.s. Hi, Floris

Comment

• Noonster
          • Jun 2005
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Floris
          The same happens here on vBulletin.com when I go to there directly.

Why are your users going directly to that link? They can change their timesettings from the usercp options. I don't see a reason to go to the url directly.
          Sorry should have explained better they are going direct to either corsa-c.co.uk or www.corsa-c.co.uk and they are getting directed to that page. I am not bothered about an image not showing but by them going to that page they are having problems getting into the forum, as they keep getting direct to that page.

I think its all down to the clocks going forward in the UK??

Comment

• Noonster
            • Jun 2005
            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by zCarot [RU]
            Find in footer template of your portal (if it use own footer either use forum footer)
            Code:
            <form action="profile.php?do=dst" method="post" name="dstform">
            and replace to
            Code:
            <form action="$vboptions[bburl]/profile.php?do=dst" method="post" name="dstform">
            p.s. Hi, Floris
            I will make this change now and see if it helps...

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

I guess it is a bug in vba then?

Comment

• zCarot [RU]
                • Oct 2006
                • 3.7.x

i think will be good to change this in default style to support all modifications which are placed not into forum root

Comment

• Noonster
                  • Jun 2005
                  • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Floris
                  I guess it is a bug in vba then?
                  I think what you posted above might have helped - will report back for definite very shortly - however thanks in advance.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...